Tire Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a set of the same MP curved tire irons. I bought them for changing the rear on my cr5. It was always an absolute bitch to do it. I actually broke one of the irons in the process once (which they DID replace so that was cool). I've been afraid to tackle the max after all the issues with the cr5. I didn't want to scratch the wheels all up. I'd be open for suggestions on how to do it.

:punk: Watch the you tube videos, harlarious and informative. If you broke a iron you need to watch the videos. Good Luck, Spur

When i had my Metzler 880 mounted last year the guy told me the last person that tried to put one on at home got his irons stuck in it and couldn't get them out. Guess the sidewalls are pretty stiff on them, I was thinking about trying thte front myself.

There is a shop out that only charges $6.00 to remove and another $6.00 to mount the new one and $3.00 to balance it.
It`s a family owned shop and thats all the maintainance that they do but they have a huge variety of parts and accessorries and if they don`t have what you want , they have it the next day by noon.
I love that place.
<<Dave>>:punk:

I mount my own tires Too. Last year after 11 or 12 practice jumps on "Skyshot" I decided not to tempt fate any further and chose to ante up to some new rubber.
So I bring the old tires on the wheels to a local dealer along with the new and ask to have them installed.
The sevice manger storms out about 20 minutes latter and asks WTF the rigid foam was in the old tires, and wants to know if I put it in, and how TF he is supposed to work with it. Of course I explain it is an aid used in distance jumping, and not to worry, as I would re-foam the new hoops when I get them home.
Can you believe this jack leg tells me to take my shite and leave? Moron had never had any dealings with this in the past. What an amature....
Bought a tire changer and haven't looked back.

:damn angry:

I just brought a friends wheels into the local Honda/Kawi shop and they charges $45 dollars to mount and balance both wheels. Seemed like a great price to me.

Latest posts

Back