Tire Mounting

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when i take my rimes to them and not the bike they charge 25 bucks, that's take off the old, mount the new tire and balance. The other shops charge about 70, no brain'er where i take mine.

if I take them the rim/old tire and new tire, $25 if i take the old tire with me, $30 if I don't.

If i took them the bike I think its $100.

I charge $25-$30 per tire for the mount/balance. You can actually find a small tire shop to have them do the mounting for you. It's just a normal rim clamp machine. If you do that don't tell them it's for a motorcycle. Tell them it's a dune buggy. Most car shops think motorcycle tires are Voodoo. At many of those places you can get it done for $5-$10 per wheel.

Sean

I've called all around my area and most are $40/tire , off the bike. One place wanted $90/tire if you didn't buy the tires from them...Thats crazy

My local Yamaha dealer charges me $40/ tire, off bike. The same parts guy charges my brother $20-$25/ tire, off bike. He also quoted me $370 for a set of Metzler 880's!!! He said he would throw in the mounting...I still wonder to this day if he was trying to send me a message??? Well the message I took was to not do business with them other than tire mounting...and I think I may have to try the powder balance method just so I can say adios MF's!

:punk: Do it yourself and use Dyna Beads to balance the tire/wheel. No real cost other than tire irons and beads. No driving to tire shops and waiting. These tires are easy to change, try it you won't take them anywhere again. Good Luck, Spur

Mmmm, I like that option of doing in myself. I was going to go with the dyna beads to begin with so depending on the price of the stuff I'll need to do the change I might just go that route..Thanks

Dyna beads work great!!! No more ugly weights hanging off the rims. Do them yourself and save$$$

Here's all you need guys! As 'bush league' as it looks, it works like a charm!

I was useing the balance stand and stick on weights, but when I mounted the last front (Metz Lasertec) I went with dyna beads only. It's good up to 110, and that's good enough for me! :punk:

Attachments

• 100_1034.jpg
    100_1034.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_1038.jpg
    100_1038.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 18
...and, do any of you do it yourself guys care to share any hints or tricks that you found to make it easier to change tires at home? Maybe a full write up from someone is in order?

-Mike

Here's all you need guys! As 'bush league' as it looks, it works like a charm!

I was useing the balance stand and stick on weights, but when I mounted the last front (Metz Lasertec) I went with dyna beads only. It's good up to 110, and that's good enough for me! :punk:
Hey Dan-o i like the promotional display of equipment. mity-vac, sea foam, whats the two red bottles?

are you using all 4 spoons, i see the two new ones or you like the curved black ones there?

nice work on the trash can/tire holder. i noticed the rubber around the bottom side to protect your floor, good thing my shoes also are rubber lined be nice to come inside your garage and check it out :rofl_200:

:punk: Search on you tube for motorcycle tire change procedures. There are too many videos, but watch a few and you get the idea. There are some funny people out there, it's a real comedy to watch some of them. It's really easy once you do one. The hard part is taking the wheels off the bike, not changing the tires. I can do my rear tire without spoons. I only use two for the whole process. You can pick beads and spoons up on ebay. Good Luck, Spur

Hey Dan-o i like the promotional display of equipment. mity-vac, sea foam, whats the two red bottles?

are you using all 4 spoons, i see the two new ones or you like the curved black ones there?

nice work on the trash can/tire holder. i noticed the rubber around the bottom side to protect your floor, good thing my shoes also are rubber lined be nice to come inside your garage and check it out :rofl_200:

Haha! Didn't notice that till I looked at the pic! Don't forget DeWalt, they paid to be in the shot.:biglaugh:

The 2 red bottles are BG Supercharge II.

I like the curved ones and use the straight ones just to hold the bead from sliding backwards.

Latest posts

Back