tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put Shinkos on mine last year and LOVE THEM! Got caught in the rain last summer and had to brake hard, the tires held the road great!

Sent by the Verizon 4G Data Network

I just got a pair of shinkos today, I'm gonna try to swap this week seeing how its supposed to rain. the tires on it now are dunlops did vmax's come with dunlap originally?
Should I also replace wheel bearings?
Bike is a 2005 w/ 16k mile's I bought it used last year.
thanks for any info

Brian

Not sure if you know but I do tire changing!

I had an ad here but I can't find it. I'll repost it shortly!

Not sure if you know but I do tire changing!

I had an ad here but I can't find it. I'll repost it shortly!

I got your PM I'll try to figure out how to respond...thanks for info I do have a shop to swap tires about 200 yards away although I'm not sure what he'll charge. I work in a machine shop and we have made custom parts for him sometimes cheap sometimes free and he fixed my old taillight for free last year so I"ll give him a shot. if he screws up I'll let you know.
And again thanks to all who posted info the tire swap is going easy. Just finish taking tires off didn't even take an hour would have gone faster but I had 2 beer breaks.

I got your PM I'll try to figure out how to respond...thanks for info I do have a shop to swap tires about 200 yards away although I'm not sure what he'll charge. I work in a machine shop and we have made custom parts for him sometimes cheap sometimes free and he fixed my old taillight for free last year so I"ll give him a shot. if he screws up I'll let you know.
And again thanks to all who posted info the tire swap is going easy. Just finish taking tires off didn't even take an hour would have gone faster but I had 2 beer breaks.

200 yards, i don't blame ya at all!

Well tire's are on, took a cruise around town they feel much more grippier
... 1 pic is of old tire and taillight before last years quabbin ride where twistedmax inspired me to destroy my tire there is zero tread left, was a tad slick in rain, as seen in pic with new taillight. and the last pic is new shinko which has 3/8 tread....for now and my feet don't tough as much of the ground as before. I think today I'll take a longer ride head up to chickenbone in Framingham for some chicken and sexyfries.
Thanks for all help
Brain

Attachments

• pre twisted rear.jpg
    pre twisted rear.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 33
  • shinko.jpg
    shinko.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 33
  • New Tail Light.jpg
    New Tail Light.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 32
Well tire's are on, took a cruise around town they feel much more grippier
... 1 pic is of old tire and taillight before last years quabbin ride where twistedmax inspired me to destroy my tire there is zero tread left, was a tad slick in rain, as seen in pic with new taillight. and the last pic is new shinko which has 3/8 tread....for now and my feet don't tough as much of the ground as before. I think today I'll take a longer ride head up to chickenbone in Framingham for some chicken and sexyfries.
Thanks for all help
Brain

How funny, just ran into Brian at the shopping plaza.

-garrett

Small world huh I wasn't planning on stopping but I needed golf gear for Sat.
good to finally meet you garret.

I bought a pair of Shinko 011 Verge from Sean.
Rear 200 50 18
Front 120 70 18

They'll be mounted as soon as my set of new Blk Carrz show up.

Latest posts

Back