To Keep or sell

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I got this swingarm & Dyna ignition in some of my trading I cant determine if I wanna put them on my bike or sell them. I am happy with my stock ignition so about the only gain I see with the dyna is a rev limiter and I am trying to get rid more weight off the bike & the swingarm is weighs more. I cant seem to make up my mind on this one. Decisions ,decisions HMMM

Attachments

• Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 004.jpg
    Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 004.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 49
  • Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 005.jpg
    Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 005.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 41
  • Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 006.jpg
    Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 006.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 44
  • Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 007.jpg
    Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 007.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 003.jpg
    Dogs braced swingare & Dyna 003.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 48
Looks like half of your question is answered Cap'n!.............:biglaugh:...............Tom.

I'd be interested in the swingarm too.

Brown dog looks like it's led a good life! :)

I'd be interested in the swingarm too.

Brown dog looks like it's led a good life! :)
The dogs are spoiled rotten they both have a good life. I am still trying to determin if I wanna keep the arm or not. I really want a 3inch extended one. I have been out in teh garage trying to determine if I wanna make an underslung brake bracket & put it on or sell it & put the money towards nitrous oe a c02 shifter.

Kyle, all I can say is I wish I had all your troubles.............:confused2::clapping:

i would keep the dyna......i know the advance benefits are minimum,but the trottle response is worth it.

LOL ! Well I decided to run the Dyna since I want to get nitrous in the future . The arm I am still not to sure of. I really want a 3 inch over arm so not sure if I wanna mess with this one.

I'd keep the Dyna too just for the rev limiter, it's saved my bacon plenty! Personally I wouldn't mess with the swingarm until you stretch it, why do the job twice and like you said your just adding weight with no real performance advantage in drag racing anyway (all I do, I don't mess with the curves a bunch) but when you do stretch it I'd do like I did and make the brake side of the swingarm and the underbrace air tight so you can make that a tank for your air shifter should you choose to go that way, I couldn't be happier with mine :eusa_dance:

I'd keep the Dyna too just for the rev limiter, it's saved my bacon plenty! Personally I wouldn't mess with the swingarm until you stretch it, why do the job twice and like you said your just adding weight with no real performance advantage in drag racing anyway (all I do, I don't mess with the curves a bunch) but when you do stretch it I'd do like I did and make the brake side of the swingarm and the underbrace air tight so you can make that a tank for your air shifter should you choose to go that way, I couldn't be happier with mine :eusa_dance:
I am leaning towards a co2 shifter since you can get a lot more shifts out of them & I dont want to mount an on board compressor. I think the YZF front wheel is way lighter than my front 85 wheel so I am probably fixing to get one of them & put it on to. Tis damn monkey is getting to me.

I am leaning towards a co2 shifter since you can get a lot more shifts out of them & I dont want to mount an on board compressor. I think the YZF front wheel is way lighter than my front 85 wheel so I am probably fixing to get one of them & put it on to. Tis damn monkey is getting to me.

Never heard of the YZF wheel swap, what does it look like? I know the feeling about that goddamn monkey, bastard got me bad this winter... LOL

Ohh yea and I'll send you some pics of my onboard compressor that I have on mine, pretty slick! I just hate having extra bottles and shit hanging off of the bike, hell you can't even see the 2.5lb nitrous bottle on my bike unless your really looking for it :punk:

I can see a real benifit to the 3" over swing arm, especially given your Drag Racing Ability....

Ohh yea and I'll send you some pics of my onboard compressor that I have on mine, pretty slick! I just hate having extra bottles and shit hanging off of the bike, hell you can't even see the 2.5lb nitrous bottle on my bike unless your really looking for it :punk:
I figured if I do a 3 inch arm I can hide the co2 bottle between the wheel & frame & I will probably put the nitro bottles on a frame brace like KJ's or hide them in the R 1 Tail.

Back