Tool kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats a good price for one off Ebay.. I got a Metric tool kit from Cycle gear for like $40..Only issue is it big, so now I need a tool bag attaching it to the forks for somewhere else.. Kit has tons of stuff in it for $40, it's usually on sale at least once a month...

The Yamaha tool kit, will have 99% of everything that you would need to help keep you from being stranded. I also added a tiny air gauge with mine as well.

Cheers for the reply guys, but the postage to the UK/ Northern Ireland would be around a third more than the cost of the kit! Lol!

I fly to Scotland all the time on Air Lingus. I could bring you set and mail from dublin.

Tools a guy needs:
4mm, 5mm, 6mm, and 8mm allen wrench's (or socket bits). Even chunks of allens to put into your regular sockets.
10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 15mm, 17mm, 19mm Wrench's - the factory uses combination open end wrenches to cut down on the qty. MOST of the bolts can be accessed with sockets if you wanted to get those sizes instead.
#2 and #3 Phillips. Again a socket bit would work but the OEM double ended screwdriver that inserts into the handle works well. Standard Flat screwdriver though one that fits into the a/f mix screw holes can come in handy.
18mm socket, 6" extension, wobble and ratchet for the spark plugs. The OEM tool does work well though.
The wrench size for the rear axle is handy if you need to remove the wheel on the side of the road (had to do that once before years ago). A simple plug kit and CO2 air fill cartridge for a flat tire can do wonders for an emergency low tire.

I prefer to use the tool kit plug wrench over any of the automotive ones in my box. It's easy to crack plug porcelain with an Auto. socket. The wrench & socket fit well to break the plug loose or for final tightening.
Steve-o

I fly to Scotland all the time on Air Lingus. I could bring you set and mail from dublin.

Thanks very much for the kind offer, to save any hassle I'll probably have the smaller spanners and I'll cut down some ringers, the 27,24 & 22 and flatten a piece of tube for leverage, just for the basic roadside stuff if needed, trip later in the year from Carrickfergus in N.Ireland up into the highlands in Scotland and wouldn't like to get stuck, Cheers,
Neill.

Tools a guy needs:
4mm, 5mm, 6mm, and 8mm allen wrench's (or socket bits). Even chunks of allens to put into your regular sockets.
10mm, 12mm, 14mm, 15mm, 17mm, 19mm Wrench's - the factory uses combination open end wrenches to cut down on the qty. MOST of the bolts can be accessed with sockets if you wanted to get those sizes instead.
#2 and #3 Phillips. Again a socket bit would work but the OEM double ended screwdriver that inserts into the handle works well. Standard Flat screwdriver though one that fits into the a/f mix screw holes can come in handy.
18mm socket, 6" extension, wobble and ratchet for the spark plugs. The OEM tool does work well though.
The wrench size for the rear axle is handy if you need to remove the wheel on the side of the road (had to do that once before years ago). A simple plug kit and CO2 air fill cartridge for a flat tire can do wonders for an emergency low tire.

Cheers Sean.

I prefer to use the tool kit plug wrench over any of the automotive ones in my box. It's easy to crack plug porcelain with an Auto. socket. The wrench & socket fit well to break the plug loose or for final tightening.
Steve-o

Steve are you talking even plug sockets with the foam inserts ?

Dave

Back