Tool kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinman22

Reaction score
Anybody familiar with a Yamaha tool kit that is in a white cloth bag with black Yamaha lettering? All of the ones I've seen or have are in a black vinyl/plastic bag.

Does anyone know the contents (sizes), or have a pic of the tools that should be carried? The PO of mine removed the tool kit. I need to make up another..

I've still got the OEM cloth bag. I can take a pic of the contents if you'd like? I wouldn't use anything else to change my plugs than the socket/box wrench arrangement in the kit. Most standard automotive spark plug sockets are too long. I've gone to more than one distress call where the owner just changed the plugs and it was skipping. Cracked plug porcelain almost every time was the cause.
I think I could just about disassemble the whole bike with that tool kit.
Steve-o

I just picked up another '85 for parts and it had the same white tool kit and the owners manual too! Truly an Easter to remember.

Anybody familiar with a Yamaha tool kit that is in a white cloth bag with black Yamaha lettering? All of the ones I've seen or have are in a black vinyl/plastic bag.

My 85 has the white cloth bag as well.

Does anyone know the contents (sizes), or have a pic of the tools that should be carried? The PO of mine removed the tool kit. I need to make up another..

Basically what you see in this ebay ad picture, though this was for one with the black plastic bag. You have to look closely to see this kits' straight blade screwdriver insert hidden inside the one hollow plug wrench.

tool kit.jpg

I've still got the OEM cloth bag. I can take a pic of the contents if you'd like? I wouldn't use anything else to change my plugs than the socket/box wrench arrangement in the kit. Most standard automotive spark plug sockets are too long. I've gone to more than one distress call where the owner just changed the plugs and it was skipping. Cracked plug porcelain almost every time was the cause.
I think I could just about disassemble the whole bike with that tool kit.
Steve-o

Same here Steve-o, at first I thought those tools were just cheap junk but once I started using them they got a dedicated drawer in the tool box and get used regularly. :thumbs up:

My 85 has the white cloth bag as well.

Basically what you see in this ebay ad picture, though this was for one with the black plastic bag. You have to look closely to see this kits' straight blade screwdriver insert hidden inside the one hollow plug wrench.

View attachment 52980
That's about what my 90 came with, white cloth bag. Also had a bunch of allen keys in it also.. I have since added a complete set that go in a holder, plus a gerber tool... My 95 didn't have any tools when I got it. I asked my wife for a set I saw on sale from Cycle Gear.. I had no clue it was going to require a fork took bag to hold it.. but with all the stuff it came with for like $30 it will be attached on which ever bike I am riding.. If not to help me but others out if problems happen...

I also got an early owners manual with the '85 that has a Yamaha golf cart pictured on the front & back cover....upside down too! Some recycled left overs or mistakes or something....anyone ever seen one of them?

I'd like to put a set together. Can someone post an itemized list of what's included in the tool kit with pictures if possible?
My kit looks to be missing items.
Thanks

Back