• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Torn, part out or sell

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jims94vmx

Reaction score
I really do not want to part out but would rather sell to someone in the vmax community. My 94 as of last year has never run so smoothly and powerfully! I had the carbs totally redone by Danny and got the micro Vboost controller from Sean. Seems it has started a kind of tick that seems like a possible wrist pin. Figured I would give you an idea of what it has on it if anyone might be interested. I have talked with Sean and if anyone can help get it into his hands from say Johnstown on that is also something I would do.

Racetech springs and gold valve emulators
works rear shocks
micro vboost controller just put on late last year
carbs totally redone
Custom carb covers
R1 brakes Blue all the way around
Stainless brake and clutch lines
sportmax seats
fjr masters
HD clutch spring
factory sissy bar (still have original grab bar)
97 body panels (replaced faded factory yellow)
custom fork brace
custom rear brake arm
welded frame brace
plenty of tread left on tires (bias ply)
led taillight under fender
oil pressure guage and cup for handlebars
2 year old Odysee battery
blue lettering in scoops
assortment of jets (stage 1 kit) Note:bike is stock configuration as of last year with Danny.

I was really hoping to get 1500.00 and someone that would like to wrench can have a cool bike or by parting out could easily get 2K plus with some time. Bike has 77K on it.

Attachments

• P1020342.jpg
    P1020342.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 128
  • P1020341.jpg
    P1020341.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 107
  • P1020343.jpg
    P1020343.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 114
Hi Jim if you consider parting some of the stuff i'd be interested on the oil press gauge and the carb covers mate. you have a pic of the gauge? Thank you
i have a set of stock chrome carb covers for trade if interested (mint condition)

I would take the springs with valves and rear shocks (stock lenght?) if the price is right, just let me know if you decide to part out.

Hey Jim are you trying to get m/c to Sean to get him to work on it? There's pcw up in new york might be a little closer. Just thinking if there's no other way to get it to Sean . Hate to you get rid of it .

I'd take it for your asking price if we were not on opposite corners of the USA!
Lots of decent parts. Parting is a huge time commitment and hassle but if you don 't care, you'll get more than $1,500 and stuck with several miscellaneous parts. PCW might even give you your asking price if you delivered it. Worth a try. He could pop off the oil
pan and possibly make a quick diagnosis and repair for a flip. Your old girl would live to see the road again.

I'd take it for your asking price if we were not on opposite corners of the USA!
Lots of decent parts. Parting is a huge time commitment and hassle but if you don 't care, you'll get more than $1,500 and stuck with several miscellaneous parts. PCW might even give you your asking price if you delivered it. Worth a try. He could pop off the oil
pan and possibly make a quick diagnosis and repair for a flip. Your old girl would live to see the road again.

Thanks, that is a thought. I was hoping someone might try to fix....but in the end I had the bike for 17 years and other then the carb issues that had been fixed never had any major issues that I remember.

Just an update. Came to an agreement with Kyle in Florida to get the bike in his hands. So it will be up to Kyle if he wants to part it out....stay tuned! LOL

Just in case anyone was keeping score, I just got off the phone with Sean to let him know what was looking to happen......he was fine with it.....want to make sure no ones feelings get hurt!!!!

I will probably sit out this year and regroup for next year. I was looking at a low milage very clean 2010 Kawasaki Concours with all the goodies and a nice blue color. Dealer really was too high in price, so the next best thing was a 2014 Blue Trek Shift 3. A little less HP but better mileage! LOL I will stay in touch with the group for sure. Who knows, maybe a 2010 Vmax in my future!!!

Thanks everyone.

Just an update. Came to an agreement with Kyle in Florida to get the bike in his hands. So it will be up to Kyle if he wants to part it out....stay tuned! LOL

Just in case anyone was keeping score, I just got off the phone with Sean to let him know what was looking to happen......he was fine with it.....want to make sure no ones feelings get hurt!!!!

I will probably sit out this year and regroup for next year. I was looking at a low milage very clean 2010 Kawasaki Concours with all the goodies and a nice blue color. Dealer really was too high in price, so the next best thing was a 2014 Blue Trek Shift 3. A little less HP but better mileage! LOL I will stay in touch with the group for sure. Who knows, maybe a 2010 Vmax in my future!!!

Thanks everyone.
Thanks Jim, I look forward to getting it I will decide its fate when I get it but most likely all the aftermarket stuff will be sold off of it.

It's in "good hands". Nice to see you guys came to an agreement. What a great Forum and bunch of guys here!

Back