Toronto Supershow

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All,

It was great to see everyone who stopped by the booth at the Supershow!!!! We had a blast as usual putting it together. It never ceases to amaze how the Max can stop traffic still to this day. I will post up some pics as soon as I get some.

BTW, the show results for our group of Max's in the show were:

Asian Street:

5th place: Billy Blay 1997 Vmax
4th place: Trevor Fisher 2005 Vmax
3rd place: Me with SnowMax

Brad Cornish's 1985 Max was apparently not put into a class.

On a darker note we did have an accident on the way home. Brad Cornish's bike was not properly tied down in the trailer and fell onto SnowMax :tantrum:. If there is an upside, damage is repairable, have to replace the seat cover, repair right side knee guard, and worst of all do body work to repair and repaint the faux tank as it is now dented and a chunk of paint is gone...... Oh well, if this is the worst thing that happens I will count myself as lucky.

Hey Guys,

I just got back from the show and all I have to say is wow. It was huge with lots of stuff to see. I finally saw the 09 for the first time up there. I met up with Jim R at the VMOA booth and met some of the guys there. I don't get to do a lot of things and am glad Jim R got me up there. One word of advice is don't drive in 5 o'clock traffic in Toronto unless you like to go 1 mile every 5 minutes.

Tom C.

Tom,

Was great seeing you again!!! We really enjoyed having you there for sure. I hope you can make it up for the weekend next year. We also have the Spring show the first weekend in April, but it is much smaller. Will talk to you soon!!!

All,

It was great to see everyone who stopped by the booth at the Supershow!!!! We had a blast as usual putting it together. It never ceases to amaze how the Max can stop traffic still to this day. I will post up some pics as soon as I get some.

BTW, the show results for our group of Max's in the show were:

Asian Street:

5th place: Billy Blay 1997 Vmax
4th place: Trevor Fisher 2005 Vmax
3rd place: Me with SnowMax

Brad Cornish's 1985 Max was apparently not put into a class.

On a darker note we did have an accident on the way home. Brad Cornish's bike was not properly tied down in the trailer and fell onto SnowMax :tantrum:. If there is an upside, damage is repairable, have to replace the seat cover, repair right side knee guard, and worst of all do body work to repair and repaint the faux tank as it is now dented and a chunk of paint is gone...... Oh well, if this is the worst thing that happens I will count myself as lucky.

Great showing Jim!! 3rd, 4th, 5th........all V max's, that's terrific....Congratulations!! :thumbs up::thumbs up::thumbs up:

Very sad & sorry to hear of the trailer foul-up, kinda dampens the 'show spirit', :bang head: but like you said, 'if that's the worst thing that ever happens...........!'

That really sucks Jim! How'd Brad's bike make out?

On a good note:

I had a harley friend comment that he saw "those crazy Vmax guys at the show. Man those guys really love their bikes and do them up real nice!"
So good job promoting the club/bike.

PS: I also straightened out my leave in June. Thunder here we go veehaww!
Send me some pics of Steph's Busa.

Dale #2592

$27,000, huh? All novelty and nostagia aside, what is the appeal to drop that kind of coin here? Power? OK...but launching all those ponies at once would be like watching Usain Bolt run the 100-metre on ice. Performance? A 2007 stock ZX-10 ran a better 1/4 mile time (10.02) than the gen-2 max. I don't expect any rational answers from those who agree that this price is justified...it'd be like trying to talk a H-D fanatic into buying Japanese!

My two cents: 1) keep your Gen-1...it shreds rubber as well as bike shy of the Gen-2 and still has great looks and driveability, 2) buy a used ZX10/12/14, Gixxer 1000 or Hyabusa to take care of those days when you need even more power and handling, 3) put the extra 10 grand you just saved into a college fund for your kids or grandkids.

Happy New Year!

Blaine

That really sucks Jim! How'd Brad's bike make out?

On a good note:

I had a harley friend comment that he saw "those crazy Vmax guys at the show. Man those guys really love their bikes and do them up real nice!"
So good job promoting the club/bike.

PS: I also straightened out my leave in June. Thunder here we go veehaww!
Send me some pics of Steph's Busa.

Dale #2592

Brad's bike had exactly zero amount of damage, SnowMax cushioned it well:bang head:. Will be posting some pics of Steph's new ride tomorrow, have to download them from my phone and am waiting for a pic from Brad of her on it. Glad to hear that you got the leave sorted out:punk:

Next Supershow in 2010 I am thinking of putting together a HUGE display. Steph said we need to have "The multiple personalities of the Max" as the theme. Want to display stock, touring, custom, drag.. etc. bikes and do a bunch of backgrounds and such. I have a year to work on it though.

The next show is April 4-5th, Spring Supershow in the same place. We will have another booth and will give out details as they become available.

Was great to see a bunch of guys from here for sure...

4th and 5th place to mostly-stock bikes...I think I like those judges! Congrats!

Sorry about the mishap to your bike, Jim. Perhaps the guy who tied the knots on Brad's bike will offer to help you with the damages.

Blaine

Latest posts

Back