Total Control Advanced riding clinic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
I just spent two days with Lee Parks the founder and owner of the total control Riding schools. Man waht a difference a couple days makes!!!

I was cranking thru the turns, knee draggin and Pegs scrappin, Was an awsome experience, I can flop that new bike in like magic and get thru a turn like you would not believe! I was already draggin pegs on the max, that was easy, but to get a knee on the ground and have pegs draggin that was way cool. I was hanging so far off the bike you would not even believe.

Anyone want to improve thier skills? I do not care what you ride, find one of these classes and take it!

It was well worth the cost and then some!!! I should have some pictures from the class soon, as Lee took some shots and said he would e-mail them to me.

A couple pics (Of me on my 06 FZ1) that Lee sent to me. Thought you might enjoy them. I went to Maryland on July 15th and did some demo's as I taught a class, but this time I used the max. I was hanging way off, still grinding pegs and dragging hard parts! Looking for some better roads Now! Want to have some fun and run those chicken strips off your vmax, here is the place to learn how to do it in a controled environment!

Attachments

• 06 FZ1 Front resized.JPG
    06 FZ1 Front resized.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 06 FZ1 rear resized.JPG
    06 FZ1 rear resized.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 16
What tires and profile? I am hanging off, dragging pegs and frame and still have a slight line around the tires that will not get to the ground using the Avon super venoms. (Tires have too round of a profile becouse I am all the way leaned over). As for the FZ1 I am at the edges of the tires with that as well even dragging the pegs. Sure is more fun when you can do it right and not worry as much.

My rear is a 180/55zr17 the front is a 110/90zr18 michelin pilots.Turns on a dime.Solid mounts,frame braces,gusseted frame,swingarm brace,fork brace and racetech springs and progressive shocks.No more frame flexing like a wet noodle in hard turns under full power.

Nice, My Vmax is pretty much stock. I have a fork brace, frame braces, and avon tires. Then the rest is just for usefulness, Old Corbin Seat, backrest, mini shield, shift light, Aluminum teather, case guards, added rear marker lights.

When I want to go out and ride harder than the Vmax will take I now have the FZ1. am looking to get to a track a little now as well, maybe once or twice a year just to hone my skills and stay on top of my game.

I just posted and rememberd This post from this summer, So again last class of the year here on the East Coast is October 14th, anyone who is interested contact me, maybe we can even get a VMOA Discount!

Doing a class on Sunday at Dutchess Community College in Dutchess New York. If anyone is in the area stop by in the Afternoon to say hello. I do not get down that way much and have over the years not met too many of the members.

Back