Trivia question for the Younger Generation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In total, how-many grooves are there on a 12" long-playing record?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I want to know how knowlegable the Gen 'X'ers or younger people on here are.

This involves social media of an older sort, when intergrated circuits were in technology taking us to the moon and not available in household appliances;there were few personal cordless communications devices, when radiotelephones were the size of backbacks and cost more-$$ than nearly anyone was willing to pay, and most of my generation was more-familiar with Dick Tracy' s "two-way wrist-radio," which he regularly used to speak with his subordinate, "Sam Catch-em."
images

firemedic, i'd say i'm a gen x'er and know of dick tracy, but forgive me, i don't understand your post. :) is there question?

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

firemedic, i'd say i'm a gen x'er and know of dick tracy, but forgive me, i don't understand your post. :) is there question?

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

Ah, Grasshopper, you had to wait for my wife to release me from my "Husbandly Greeting of the Arrival of the Long-Distance Commuting Spouse," and "Preparation of the Fish Dinner" before I was able to return to finish the poll questions! :biglaugh:

Please post your age, if you choose to take a guess at the question, so we can say, "who's the smartest generation," or perhaps, just, "who is willing to take a guess?"

Age 47, you are talking vinyl? that sounds technical, I wouldnt even have know it back then,but what the hell I'll take a guess.ONE

I'm 24 years old, but where do I put my best guess?

Edit : there is one track that goes around and around and around and around.
FYI CD's are similar but the track starts in the centre rather than at the edge. DVD's are completely different, as the tracks are broken up so it's more like a pie cut into pieces, with little tracks all over the place. :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Trick question. 1 groove, otherwise the needle would not be able to "thread" down the record.

I'm 40 btw.

00:09:00 RT Pretty dang good for not even being able to see the green light!
that must be a record :rofl_200: :ummm: there was a green light, I only saw the two red ones, right after the yellow one.

Age 28 with a sizable vinyl collection but I haven't a clue about this. I guessed #1.

Here's a trivia question for the older generation...

how many individual pixels are there on a 1080p high definition display?

Well I think that's a 'trick question' for us, because doesn't it depend on among other things, the width of the screen?

Back