Trivia question for the Younger Generation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In total, how-many grooves are there on a 12" long-playing record?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And, "we have a winnah!" Congratulations! PM sent, directions on how to get your Secret Prize.

Ha ha ha ha
TWO :rofl_200: Got me.

1080p has 16:9 ratio, so the number of pixels =

1080/9*16*1080=2073600 :punk:

But now I'm worried about the other side :rofl_200:

Any member of the google generation will easily get that right... copy - paste - search :rofl_200:

But, I'm going to guess!
20 minutes EACH side = an average of 6 tracks per side @ 30MB per .wav track = around 360MB of audio, compress it into an mp3 and you're looking at 30-40MB

So... I'd say ONE groove per side :clapping:

Damn... Just read the previous threads and it looks like most got there before me... :biglaugh:

Must remember to read befopre I post

Here's a trivia question for the older generation...

how many individual pixels are there on a 1080p high definition display?
bwahahahahaha:rofl_200:

how 'bout this one: What color of the Rainbow specifies the technical standard for audio CDs?

Well I don't know this but am gonna say 'red' as it's a ruby laser.

As-to 'googling,' I do it but also try to build my own base of knowledge to be able to consult my own CPU instead of someone else's database.:biglaugh:

1080p/1080i Resolution Screen = 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels high = 2073600 total pixels

1 groove! It spirals around to the center of the record.
There is another groove on the flip side, so one can argue there are actually 2 grooves on a record.

1 groove! It spirals around to the center of the record.
There is another groove on the flip side, so one can argue there are actually 2 grooves on a record.

Yes, that is the answer, 'one on each side.' Dannymax and KJ are going to be getting new VMax fuel filters from me for answering the question. :punk:

Well I don't know this but am gonna say 'red' as it's a ruby laser.

As-to 'googling,' I do it but also try to build my own base of knowledge to be able to consult my own CPU instead of someone else's database.:biglaugh:

very good guess, FM, but the reason isn't correct.

Back