Turn Signal LED Install

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
I am hoping someone has some expierience or thoughts on this.

I have made a completely custom guage cluster and have switched all the bulbs to leds. I new I had to replicate the resistance for the fuel light and that is working correctly along with all the other bulbs except for the turn signal bulb.

The two leads going to the tunr signal bulb are of the same color so I tested the led on the bike to get the polarity correct. Cut the wiring and installed my led, turn the left blinker on and nothing, so I switched the bulb around and everything is fantastic. I got everything installed and now only when the left blinker is on does the led flash. When the right blinker is one (and the blinker works just fine) the led doesn't light. I am assuming the the polarity switches depending on which blinker is on. The incandecent bulb works because it will work no matter which way the polarity is.

Anyone have any experience with htis or know what I am talking about? Hopefully someone has resolved this or could give me some insite..

thank you all prior!

Looks like i found the answer on here. A couple diodes should do the trick.

Looks like you found your own answer. I'm guessing its the thread from Przemek showing the leds in the gauge cluster?

I'd be interested to hear how you overcame the fuel light issue? Did you use a resistor to mimick the OEM bulb?

Looks like you found your own answer. I'm guessing its the thread from Przemek showing the leds in the gauge cluster?

I'd be interested to hear how you overcame the fuel light issue? Did you use a resistor to mimick the OEM bulb?

No I actualy cut the wires (as I did for all the indicator lights) and then soldered on the led as needed. Along with the led I soldered the incandescent holder/bulb back in parallel as it was prior and just have the indandecent bulb placed back in it original position. The original bulb cannot be scene since I made a custom face plate that is tinted acrylic with the back painted black. Looks pretty sweet basically like its a gloss black panel with 1/4" of clear coat on it.

Wow, that plate.sounds interesting. Id love to see a pic

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

I will get a close up of the whole setup tonight and post it. If there is interest i can have one made. They are cnc'd so they turn out damn accurate!

Latest posts

Back