Two Questions:Straight pipes and functional air scoops.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85BMAX

Reaction score
Question #1: Does anyone know where to find straight pipes for a Vmax and are there different types. Also currently I have ten 1/2" holes drilled into the back of each stock pipe and I really like the sound, if anyone has tried straight pipes does it actually sound meaner.

Question #2: I heard there's a way to make our airscoops functional, but am having hard time finding any procedure.

open headers is too loud.Your ears will ring.Full exhaust systems with bigger headers and open cans sound really good.Their are 4 or 5 different kinds.Sound like a built chevy small block with 12" cans.

The right scoop does let air in but the left is closed to protect the electronics.

Question #1: Does anyone know where to find straight pipes for a Vmax and are there different types. Also currently I have ten 1/2" holes drilled into the back of each stock pipe and I really like the sound, if anyone has tried straight pipes does it actually sound meaner.

Question #2: I heard there's a way to make our airscoops functional, but am having hard time finding any procedure.

Kerker, Hindle, HMF and Holeshot all sound great! UFO sounds great but I wouldn't do business with him... A 4 into one straight header is loud but not that bad. It seems like the 4-2 are louder IMHO.

People have modified the airbox faux tank cover and molded in scoops on each side to help ram air into the airbox.

Tyler Johnson out east was messing with it. I wouldn't try it with stock carbs, too small. That's why the carburated R1's used 40 mm Mikuni's.

Mark

I looked into the manufacturers that you listed for me and found some interesting pipes, probably Holeshot's looked the best but are any of these technically straight pipes?
What is a "faux tank"?

Thank you for your help.

I looked into the manufacturers that you listed for me and found some interesting pipes, probably Holeshot's looked the best but are any of these technically straight pipes?
What is a "faux tank"?

Thank you for your help.

The airbox cover... The metal body work...

Dales are 2 inch pipes so you can get some 2 inch stainless turn downs made up and clamp them on if you want. I have his system with his Super Comp mufflers and it is F'ing loud!:surprise:

Was your name supposed to be 85vmax but you hit B instead? If so, Buster Hymen can fix it for ya if it isn't already taken.:thumbs up:

What is a "faux tank"?

Thank you for your help.

You could get supertrapp slipons and remove the baffles.I have ridden with just stock headers,supertrapps with out baffles and my HMF's with out the cans.Sure it sounds good but your ears will ring in 2 minutes and I'm pretty sure the cops will pull you over.

Some one here gutted their stock cans? RUSTY?

I would try that before buying anything or pull off your huge stock muffler-cans thing then start it up.You could maybe make or have made a couple 2-1 tips to put on the stock headers.

I'M TELLING YOU IT WILL BE FREAKING LOUD LIKE A V8 THROUGH OPEN HEADERS.

Thank You For Taking Time To Answer My Questions. Also The 'b' In '85bmax' Is Intentional.

Thank You For Your Feedback. After Reading Your Post I Think I Might Just Stick With My Factory Pipes With Ten 1/2" Holes Drilled In Them For Their Great Sound. The Only Reason I Was Checking For Other Options Was That My Current Pipes Are Scraped Up A Bit On The One Side From A Learning Experience And Don't Look That Nice. It Shouldn't Be To Hard To Find Mint Condition Factory Pipes Since So Many Folks Like To Change Them.

Latest posts

Back