two questions.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
What is an easy way ( route ) to install a toggle switch for activateing cooling fan at will? fan still must come on at factory setting even though I have toggle switch off. spell it out for me.

what's with drilling holes in the top of your air box? is this something I should consider doing? extra HP? any down side to this?

1985 max, Mistress is her name.

Shorthair.........

Don't drill holes in your airbox.

Take a switch and mount it in the plastic neck cover by the key (or you could mount it in the plastic in the scoop front opening or anywhere - the neck cover is very close to where the connection point will be).

Run one wire to one side of the two pronged sender (mounted in the bottom of the rad junction under the right scoop) and run the other wire to the other side. Leave the factory connectors in place and either solder your new wires onto them or I use a spade terminal and simply push the wires from the switch right into the plastic connector so they make contact.

This will let the fan run in normal mode, turn on at your command or by the sender, and if you forget to turn it off will turn off when you turn the key off.

Sean

In the airbox itself might suck some dirt into youre carbs but I know it does a little bit for your intake ability to drill holes in the Y of your air box.Mine ran/runs very rich...you can damn near taste the unburnt fuel so I drilled mine and put in a few tiny velocity stock I made.Seems to have helped but there is no way I can afford another DYNO run to find out.It feels like it takes off better though and doesnt smell so rich.If youre running full time boost,exhaust,or had a re-jet it might be worth the effort.Not sure really...

Im sure one of the other guys can give a more technical break down that I can.

Attachments

• IMGA0363.JPG
    IMGA0363.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGA0364.JPG
    IMGA0364.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 22
Don't drill holes in your airbox.

Take a switch and mount it in the plastic neck cover by the key (or you could mount it in the plastic in the scoop front opening or anywhere - the neck cover is very close to where the connection point will be).

Run one wire to one side of the two pronged sender (mounted in the bottom of the rad junction under the right scoop) and run the other wire to the other side. Leave the factory connectors in place and either solder your new wires onto them or I use a spade terminal and simply push the wires from the switch right into the plastic connector so they make contact.

This will let the fan run in normal mode, turn on at your command or by the sender, and if you forget to turn it off will turn off when you turn the key off.

Sean
Thanx Sean, mission under way.

Back