UFO Vgas set up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
His scoops look alot like the ones that's been on the market for a while. I'm wondering how similar his r/d centerfugal clutch looks to the one thats been on the market. IMO it looks more like reverse engineering than r/d.

but if he can put it out there with the same quality at a lesser price more power to him.

The other one was for a stock carb and air box set up.

Hey nobody you sure are down on UFO. Is this from personal experience or just from here say?1) you will smell like gas every time you ride the bike
2) no support from the company that sells them
3) they make less HP than the PCW flat slides
4) someone will pee in them at the local gin mill
5) they are impossible to tune
6) look like crap

UFO seems to have a love or hate reaction with people. I have heard that they can run rich and will cause the gas smell on your pants however others, such as Damon (on this forum) have had great success with the carbs and have not had any of the problems you mentioned.

That can happen to anybody. Personaly I bought a VW cabrio for my wife about 5 yrs ago and will never own another VW again. Almost decked the service manager. But there are a lot of happy VW owners out there

UFO seems to have a love or hate reaction with people. I have heard that they can run rich and will cause the gas smell on your pants however others, such as Damon (on this forum) have had great success with the carbs and have not had any of the problems you mentioned.
This may be with open stacks, But i have UNI filters on mine and have no issues with any gas smell on me, or when parked.
I have pcw faltsides and talked to Jon when i was up there a few months ago, about Ufo setup he claims that the ufo's make more power on the dyno but on the street with the airflow is where they fall short at higher speeds,they have a harder time drawing in the air,and of course the rain.
Talked to Darrell at PCW, On the street at speed, the front two carbs lean out because of a ram air like affect. Tall stacks reduce this effect. And yes theres the rain..... Out of luck when it comes to that:biglaugh:

yes maybe similar, but what about Dale Walker first 4 into 1 looked just like Hindle. There are a lot of products out there that people take and make a slight change to better it and fit there own products. Many gun manufactors copied glock with there own changes. They all do from cars to bikes to guns.

I didn't know he made them for Vgas also. You are right, they are very similar looking.

See thats the shit IMO.. May look similar. But fully functional. Straight shot down the carb..:punk: Definitely push the mixture harder at full speed. Im guessing at least another 10 hp over 100 mph. A unmeasurable 150+ hp

There are a lot of products out there that people take and make a slight change to better it and fit there own products.

Jons Vgas carb position is perfect for the scoops. He's the first. Hats off! He must have planned this all along.

. And yes theres the rain..... Out of luck when it comes to that:biglaugh:

Who rides in the rain?:biglaugh::confused2:

to get a 10% increase in HP you would need some serious increase in pressure from the ram air effect. The power increase is likely to be 2-3hp at the most and in fact the carbs won't even like it that much without some other prep work.

The carbs do make you stink like fuel. They get crap fuel mileage. They are hard on spark plugs. More difficult to tune. They won't let you wack them open normally. And in many cases don't actually give you that big of a power increase. Anything over about 120mph and the fuel actually pulls OUT of the carbs. Much like blowing air over a straw pulls liquid up and out of it.

Sean

to get a 10% increase in HP you would need some serious increase in pressure from the ram air effect. The power increase is likely to be 2-3hp at the most and in fact the carbs won't even like it that much without some other prep work.

The carbs do make you stink like fuel. They get crap fuel mileage. They are hard on spark plugs. More difficult to tune. They won't let you wack them open normally. And in many cases don't actually give you that big of a power increase. Anything over about 120mph and the fuel actually pulls OUT of the carbs. Much like blowing air over a straw pulls liquid up and out of it.

Sean

Sean,

You shouldn't have told them...should have let them find out the hard way.

So many no nothing no it all's on here.

I bet there is only a very small handful of people that can even tune them correctly. And it you run them without filter they need to be completely disassemble and cleaned every year.

But that all doesn't matter because they look cool...to some.

Morons

This may be with open stacks, But i have UNI filters on mine and have no issues with any gas smell on me, or when parked.

Talked to Darrell at PCW, On the street at speed, the front two carbs lean out because of a ram air like affect. Tall stacks reduce this effect. And yes theres the rain..... Out of luck when it comes to that:biglaugh:

UNI filters? the foam ones?

I think your mistaken. Both of those pics above are UFO functional scoops for Vgas. But in Fiberglass.

Jons scoops for the stock carbs do not feed air to the airbox.

I think your mistaken. Both of those pics above are UFO functional scoops for Vgas. But in Fiberglass.

I'm not arguing with you, but not mistaken on ths pictures. Although I do find it intersting that the same pictures show up on both sites. Hell even Chris' bike was on UFO's site. What gets me is this guy's pictures are taken about a home shop environment, Vs. UFO's tend to be more polished and appear to be taken in a proper shop/show room environment. http://www.ramair4vmax.com/photo_gallery/photo_gallery3.htm

Don't get me wrong, I can care less about cornell. I've read good (mostly bad) things about him. enough not to take my chances. especially now that there is alot of stuff that is "new" that looks remarkably like some products that's been out on the market for a while.

I stand corrected.

wtf?:ummm:

Both of those pictures are on Jons site. And the one on the left is also at .ramair4vmax.com.

What? only nine-bills for chrome-plated 'glass scoops?? I'm gonna get three sets!!:rofl_200:

Back