Unique Mods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
I have some of the usual mods, fork brace, frame braces, back rest Etc. but I also have a couple that are more uncommon.

First Rear marker Lights. Due to lack of visability especially riding in the rain, I took a set of front signals and installed them in place of the rear lights. Wired into the proper circuit, then took and installed red bilbs and clear lenses. Now I have better lighting and a bike that can still be seen from behind when the water spray hides the tail light.

Second I took and did the Needle bearing mod for the clutch lever. This took all the vertical play from the clutch lever and makes the pull very smooth with no problems. VERY nice.

Aluminum Teather, Had to have a teather for the Drag Strip although I have never been with the max (Got rained out) I was able to find a very nice solid Aluminum teather that fits right next to the dogbone on the bars and wires in to the harness bt the ignition. Again a very professional part and fit and finish make it look like part of the bike.

just some of the small unusual mods I have done along with many of the normal things.

Ok, so now we got the pics, but retards like me want to know what bearing that is and where to get it.

I have so much slop in my clutch I've been trying to shave down washers to fix the problem.

Al the details were given in a past issue of the V-Boost. I am sure there is someone around here who can give you the details. If not I can make a PDF of the page and post it up (If I can find that issue)

I will post up pictures of the tether as well. Right now it is off the bike as I am switching it over from the 1995 to the 1998. I am sure the lights are self explanitory.

outlaws justice said:
Al the details were given in a past issue of the V-Boost.

V-Boost??? Help a new guy out... is that a magazine? If so, is it available in the US?

Thanks!

BTW... killer mods to your bike! I really like the clutch lever mod.

Dan

Last edited:
DanQuin said:
V-Boody??? Help a new guy out... is that a magazine? If so, is it available in the US?

Thanks!

BTW... killer mods to your bike! I really like the clutch lever mod.

Dan

VBoost is a quarterly magazine put out by the VMOA. You get one when you join the club.

I would like to learn how to do that mod too.
I Only have the last 3 issues of Vboost. I'm a noob!
I just finished Spring and Summer 2006 and haven't started on Fall yet.

I'de be keen to see pics of the Teather. For one thing, I havr no idea what it is, for another, I'm looking to get into the drags down here in NZ.

I will get some pics of the tether and the install as I put it from the old bike to the new one.

As for all my mods:

Fork Brace
Furber Frame Braces
Marker Lights in the rear
Aluminum Tether (Dead man switch)
Corbin (Three piece seat) also have a one piece Corbin
Yamaha Backrest & Luggage Rack
Supertrapp Slip-ons
Tall windshield (Had the mini shield before)
Floating rear rotor (Still looking for fronts)
Hella Horn
Bright white headlight
Clear Signal light covers
Shift Light (Probably will not move to the new bike)
Aluminum Bar Ends
Case Guards
Progressive rear Springs

DanQuin said:
Don't feel bad... I don't even own a V-Max yet. But I'm learning from y'all and I will get one!

Looking at your signature, I see you already have a nice collection of bikes! :thumbup1:

outlaws justice said:
I will get some pics of the tether and the install as I put it from the old bike to the new one.

As for all my mods:

Fork Brace
Furber Frame Braces
Marker Lights in the rear
Aluminum Tether (Dead man switch)
Corbin (Three piece seat) also have a one piece Corbin
Yamaha Backrest & Luggage Rack
Supertrapp Slip-ons
Tall windshield (Had the mini shield before)
Floating rear rotor (Still looking for fronts)
Hella Horn
Bright white headlight
Clear Signal light covers
Shift Light (Probably will not move to the new bike)
Aluminum Bar Ends
Case Guards
Progressive rear Springs

You wanna add my 89 FZR600 to your collection?
1st year for the FZR600 (hint hint)
lol
Randy

Buster Hymen said:
Looking at your signature, I see you already have a nice collection of bikes! :thumbup1:

Thanks! it's coming along. Still need a V-Max and a 76 900 Kawasaki Z-1. Hopefully the V-Max will be before I do Deals's Gap next spring.

I like the idea of the needle bearings for the clutch lever. Never would have thought of that. Nice smooth pull. Thanks.

This is a mod I would like to do. What is the spec for the needle bearing? Did anyone ever get a copy of the .pdf?

The closest fitting i've seen to that needle bearing came of the clutch brake on a chain saw!

This is a mod I would like to do. What is the spec for the needle bearing? Did anyone ever get a copy of the .pdf?

The closest fitting i've seen to that needle bearing came of the clutch brake on a chain saw!

I'm with you guys. I need to do something about my clutch lever. I know I can just go to the bike shop and get a new lever/bushing but I'd rather do this mod instead.

So Outlaws Justice, can you throw us a bone Buddy? :)

I'll check my back issues and see if it's in one of those.

Mark

Back