Upon further review

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
A few months ago I got a marks 4-1 for my 93. It has a 14" can, 2 1/4 outlet, no turn down. Got the exhaust on and "wow". You felt it as much as you heard it. Sounded fantastic at idle, up through the gears, but I found it was to loud at cruising speed (3000 to 4000 rpm), to the point of ear plugs. Called mark, and he made me a quieter baffle. I put the new baffle in and it still sounded great, but brought the decibles down to a quite comfortable level. You would think that solved the problem, but In the mean time I got addicted to the original rumble. I heard from some on the forum talk about how a turn down makes a difference, so I got back on the phone with mark, and had him send me an end cap with a turn down. I replaced the quiet baffle with the original and put on the turn down. For me, the turn down made all the difference. It's the perfect combo. No need for ear plugs, and big block rumble:punk:

Back