V Max wave

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bheinz57

Reaction score
Hello. For the first time ever, being a somewhat new Vmax owner...

I waved to another Vmax rider today. Hwy 370 and about 125th Street outside of Papillion, NE.

So, just in case you are a frequent visitor here, hello.

It took many months to see another rider actually on the bike, riding.

Does it take you guys that long to see another Vmax rider out there on the streets?

Brian

Use to see 2 others all the time. I think they sold them...now the only time I see others are at a local bike-night.

Have never seen one while i was riding and rarely seen one ever. 2 Guys on here live in my area but not super close.

hi and welcome!! I have seen one vmax in a town 45 miles away at a fundraiser one time. Other than that I have never met another vmax on the road that I know of. I'm from sw Kansas but I do plan to change that this year when I go to the Topeka Dino Days this year :)

Hey, I seen one today! That's what I have always liked about the Vmax, they are elusive beast. I go to the blessing of the bikes here in MI and there are upward of 40000 bikes, I might see 8 - 12 Vmaxes.

Ran across Rawarrior once on my way home from work last year....

That's it....

No never when out or when parked. I get a lot of stares from people that never seen one before. Also the looks from sport bikes when they get smoked :)

ive never seen another out while riding except i saw an all white one at bike night last year

I live in Lafayette, La. I know two people that own a v-max in my town, I have to drive to houston tx. to go out riding with other vmax riders; I am on mine just about every day, and i have never ran across another v-max on the road.

No never when out or when parked. I get a lot of stares from people that never seen one before. Also the looks from sport bikes when they get smoked :)

What sport bikes are you smoking with your Vmax? I ride with a large group of sport bikes and I can't smoke any of them lol.:ummm:

:confused2: Hey, I know there are several in Az, but I never see them around. Maybe once a year I will spot one when I'm in my cage, but usually going the other way. Later, Spur

There are two others in town here(whitehorse) but dont see them often or when i do im not on my bike. There was one from ontario last year rolled thru, never saw the guy/girl i waited outside next to the bike with mine for 1hr. Even with it covered in road grime and mud could still tell it was a max from 2 blocks away.

When I first bought my Max, I was the ONLY vmax around for many miles, certainly the only Vmax in my hometown of 8000 people.

Everybody liked that bike. In fact, so many liked it that by the end of the following year, there were four (4) red 1985 Vmaxes running the streets of that little town. FOUR OF THEM! ALL IDENTICAL to me - in one tiny town.

I don't see another one very often here in Neosho. I did used to see a newer red one coming into town in the mornings and leaving town to the west in the afternoons, but never did manage to catch him. I thought he may have been from Joplin, and just working down here. :confused2:

So, after my first V Max encounter on the road...

I was on my way to mow my parent's lawn and there sat a V Max in a driveway by an open garage. I know I have spoke with the owner via here or e mail. I stopped (The car) backed up and waited a second for the owner but to no avail.

Yes, it was me admiring the Max in Eagle View today!!!!

Great sightings for me this year.

Brian

Dang, I guess I am blessed with the Max activity in my neck of the woods. When I had my new 86, I came across 4 or 5 just cruising the local spots. All but one just had to try me. Beat em all and I am a big guy. Maybe that helped with the launch. Not much hop up stuff in 86 ya know. Anyhow, stopped racing the locals when I had one nearly take me out trying to catch up to me after I had aleready got out of it. I was done with that seen. Now I see 7 or 8 on a regular basis. Several in the 50+ age bracket and not really into running hard which sucks but safe I guess. I'm still running with the "bad" crowd and loving it!:eusa_dance: PS. PeeWee lives in my town but have never seen him on his Max or any bike for that matter.:ummm:

It's possible to take a 600 class sport bike with the Max, assuming:

-the other rider is kinda a squid, and if there's a squid-magnet bike, it's a 600cc sport class. Seems most "serious" sport riders are on liter class or more.
-you shut down by 80-90 or so. Make sure to tap your brakes so they know you backed off. It's kinda a cheesy way to "win", but good for stoplight-to-stoplight drags.

The one time I went up against a R6 I pulled away off the line and gained a modest lead, but when I was doing about 85 he walked by me.

Other than the pizza run and the time I spotted Kaboom last year, I have only ever seen ONE other Vmax, believe it was on Rt 9 going through Clifton Park. Didn't get a good look at the bike so I couldn't describe it. One person I went 4wheeling with last weekend said he had one after seeing the "Ride the Legend" sticker on my truck.

For being such a long-running bike with tons sold, they sure do seem to be rare. Kinda adds to the Vmax's charm. Most HD riders are blissfully ignorant, and seems most Japanese riders have at least heard of it, or their friend's cousin's big brother has one and says how nasty it is.

Surprisingly, my friend with the M109 still doesn't believe my 13 year old 1200 puts out 166hp, while his 1800 is only at 120hp, even with a power commander. Have to dig out the dyno sheet.

Latest posts

Back