vboost-tboost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
I have a good question.

How many of you actually feel a difference when the vboost kicks in.

Mine has always ran well but I never felt it kicking in.Some talk like they can feel it kicking in then" holy shit hang on."

When I get back on a good running stock one I can feel it.

Sean

I have a good question.

Mine has always ran well but I never felt it kicking in.Some talk like they can feel it kicking in then" holy shit hang on."

I agree, I think the Vboost carries more mystique than true "holy shit hang on" feeling.

The theory behind it obviously is sound in that intake velocities are kept high for good low end punch and then open for high volume on the top end.

A lot of watercraft and I guess some motorcycles are doing this now in various forms of "variable" intake AND exhaust tracts.

I could slightly feel it on my stock bike also but not like it was nitrous or a turbo spooling up like people make it out to be.

Rusty

Mine has always swept right up through the rpm's quickly with out a noticeable feeling.

I have a good question.

I agree. Not a kick your ass feel. IMO with stock v-boost kickin in at 6,000rpm I couldn't really tell because the revs where so high and it hits 9,000 before you know it. 2 days ago I installed the switchable t-boost at 3,000 rpm (wanted the Sasy, but went for low cost for now:whistlin: )

Anyway, I can now tell a considerable difference when it opens at 3,000. Much like a power band on a old YZ400 :thumbs up: It's smoother through the mid-range as well. And it eats $3 a gallon fuel fast.:rocket bike:

Mine has always swept right up through the rpm's quickly with out a noticeable feeling.

Good point, if you listen to the servo when turning the key on it souunds like the time it takes for the thing to open is way longer than the time it takes for the engine to make it from 6000 to 10000 when going wide open throttle.

Rusty

For me, easier to detect at 1/2 or gradual roll-ons past 6000 rpm.

Mark

I agree with the roll-on comment, if you are in the 6000 RPM range or above and hammer on, it seems to pick up faster. I was wondering about the opening speed of the servos as well. I'm sure it helps with the gradual air fuel flow instead of dumping it in all at once, but I have heard people say that it starts to open a 6k rpm and is fully open at 7 or 8k... is there any truth to this or is there a simple on/off switch that comes on at 6k and it just takes a second or two for the vboost to fully open?

Has anyone done any manifold pressure checks or exhaust temp checks to find out what really happens with the vboost on or off? It would also be interesting to somehow make a manual/mechanical switch to open the valves so there isn't that slow opening.

Cheers,
Jeff

True, it is a gradual opening. I also heard it's full open by 7000.

Mark

I have never ridden a highly modded engine(IE: turboed/ etc.), but I can still feel the boost kick in.
Back in June when I first got Redbone, the first time I cracked the throttle open in 3rd gear it straightened out my arms! I thought wow now that's the Vmax v-boost eh, I like!
I don't notice it so much anymore or at least to that extreme. It's more like when my old yz 250 hit it's powerband, just a rush of power that I was waiting for.

For me, easier to detect at 1/2 or gradual roll-ons past 6000 rpm.

Mark

+1 to that...:thumbs up: If you let it creep into the boost range you can feel it...

Turn it off sometime and you will be amazed by what's missing...

I have the solid vboost eliminators for anybody that doesn't like the feel or power of the vboost.

anybody? somebody?

Naw, I didn't think so!!! :th_signs132:

My '85 felt like a 2-stroke coming on the pipe...
I gotta get that fixed..............

Latest posts

Back