Venture pistons in Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Venture 1300 pistons can be used in the max. It would have to be bored out to 79mm roughly. I know that Sean through Ross pistons can go up to 78.5 but even at 79mm there is still 4mm thickness. and with the 1500cc big bore kits the sleeve thickness is about the same. I like the idea of flat tops anyway better flame propagation. Also are the venture pistons cast or forged?

It should fit. We have made them that big but the cylinder thickness is a little less and the bike may run a bit hotter (but still within range). I've got boxes of them that are in the scrap bin I can send you if you want to try and clean up a set to reuse.

Sean

That would be great Sean. On the note of cast or forged do you know? The reason why I ask is because I was googling venture pistons and it came up with something that said they were forged.

Why don't you just buy a Venture 1300 motor and throw your ported heads on it? I have one I may be selling, but you can find them on eBay
for a decent price... maybe close to what it will cost you to bore out your stock motor... just an idea.

Jeff

I looked on ebay for this but still the price of the 1300 motor would be around 700-800 bucks Vs. 200-300 bucks to bore and hone. Ya it may run a little hotter but I have never had a problem with the motor running hot anyway, not even with a lot of time on the dyno. So mabie the cooler thermostat and some stuff for the coolant to keep it cooler. This will be funny my buddy at work with a 1200 sportster (bored 10 over) was always saying something about how he had more cc than me well doing this will change things. Anyways I could always spank him every which way but it is a fast XL.

This will be funny my buddy at work with a 1200 sportster (bored 10 over) was always saying something about how he had more cc than me..........

Just tell him a big peckers not worth a shit if it won't get hard:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

LOL I like that his main problem is that he weighs about 300+. He did just put a R1 front end on his bike and it looks friggin sweet. Now I just need to get a inverted front end and get them on my bike.

Latest posts

Back