Verizon Backup Assistant

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
I'm tossing this out just in case anyone has this problem...:confused2:
Just got an upgrade to a Verizon LG Extravert. They put some feature called "Backup Assistant". Well, it seems to want to back up your phone EVERY day!
Reading on the cellphone forums, I find that this BA can hang up while running and drain your battery, even if it's on a charger! (as mine did!!)
Verizon offers no help.

After doing a bit more digging, here's how to deactivate it and stop the daily updates:

1. Open Backup Assistant
2. Under "Options" go to "About". And tap it so it opens......
3. Open the slider, or get to the keypad and enter *73738# (*RESET#)
*****You will NOT see the numbers come up on the screen*****

You will then see the screen go back to what it was when you entered Backup Assistant, and it will be deactivated. If you wish to use it again, you will have to use your pin #, and reactivate.

Worked for me, and a bunch of other folks on that forum.
Google *73738# for more info.

Wonder if that's a problem specific to your phone? In general Verizons phone software blows, though both my old phone and my new Droid have backup assistant and it works fine, it does update every day, but takes at most a few seconds during the early am hours.

I though it had the ability to set specific times and intervals? Maybe thinking of different provider.

With the I-phone running Microsoft exchange for email don't worry about it anymore, all the contact info between phone and outlook account stay synched all the time.

Picture and all else can go to I-cloud tho I don't have it set to do that.

iCloud's find my phone app is awesome by the way.

I just didn't like the idea of the phone doing things by itself. I've used the info to deactivate mine, and even though it's not a reral "problem", it was irritating - now it's gone. And you're right - Verizon software DOES suck!

I just didn't like the idea of the phone doing things by itself. I've used the info to deactivate mine, and even though it's not a reral "problem", it was irritating - now it's gone. And you're right - Verizon software DOES suck!

I'm with you on that one, I hated the idea of going to a smart phone, but company issued them in order to get rid of our "air cards" for the lap tops, putting tethering option on the phone instead...

Most of my anxiety over changing phones in the past was over getting all my contacts to the new phone, after discovering that it was all automatic I've decided I love this phone now.

I can enter someones phone number on my phone and it automatically saves to my company outlook like magic, and vice versa from outlook to phone.

If I get a new phone all I have to do is log onto outlook with it and like magic all my contacts will magically be on th enew phone.

On the other hand I do NOT want my phone pics to ever synch to anything automatically, I've got pics on thier no one needs to ever see.:rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back