vintage muscle car strip info

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this talk of vintage muscle made me go digging thought my old yahoo email account to try and find contact info for the guy who bought my cutlass. I found an email address for him and fired one off.

I'm very curious to see if he replies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

All this talk of vintage muscle made me go digging thought my old yahoo email account to try and find contact info for the guy who bought my cutlass. I found an email address for him and fired one off.

I'm very curious to see if he replies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That would be cool to here from the guy. Maybe it'll come back to the corner of your garage:eusa_dance:

I haven't been a stranger to musclecars. Most of these (and others not pictured) are still around the place. And yes, the daughter does get to drive them too and knows how to drive a "stick"! This is mostly the group 72 or older and doesn't include the other ones lol.

The 69 Bonneville 428 Convertible was my first car. I need to get it back going again. Took it apart more then 10 years ago to redo the interior and didn't get around to getting it done.

The 70 Chevelle LS6 454 is a lot of fun to drive but we nuetered it a little bit with a replica engine that can run on todays crap fuel. The original engine is rebuilt and on the shelf.

The 68 Camaro RS/SS 396 has a lot of nice options (including the rare 4 piston disc brake fronts) and was the car I learned to drive in (with the LS6's engine in there). Had a bad accident when I was 15 (not my fault). Got lucky to walk away from that one.

The 69 GTO currently has a 68 chevy big block 396 engine in it. Painted it blue and always gets an internal laugh when people ask me if it's a 400 or 455. The original 400 is sitting patiently waiting to go back in there someday.

The old mopar was dads way back as was the blue 67 and then the pair of chevelles. To this day he will not run Firestone tires since it nearly killed him when one blew out in Hawaii and wrapped the car around a tree.

The T-Bird is sold (earlier this year) as were a few other cars i didn't include pics of (65 GTO Hardtop and 67 GTO Convertible).

The 72 Ventura is up for sale for a friend.

Dad's favorite car is the 67 SS 427 Impala. Got the engine built for it (a roller 468) and just need to get time to get it back together for him.

The 63 Biscayne was bought new by my uncle and is as basic as they get. 6 cylinder 3 on the tree. We tossed some wheels on it and rolled it around for a few years. Currently got a bad noise that I think is a broken rocker arm or push rod issue.

The 66 convertible corvette is a 427 car though that engine is long gone. Got most of the interior and again waiting to get to it. New Muncie ready to go for it as well. Going to do a mile 454 build on it I think we decided.

Sold the 68 SS Chevelle seen in some of the pics a few years back. Was a back half car and fun with the 427/glide combo.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20141012_181549_058.jpg
    IMG_20141012_181549_058.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Rexs 1967 Chevelle.jpg
    Rexs 1967 Chevelle.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 20
  • Scanned-image-8.jpg
    Scanned-image-8.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Scanned-image-9.jpg
    Scanned-image-9.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Scanned-image-1 - Copy (281x111).jpg
    Scanned-image-1 - Copy (281x111).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 15
  • GroupPhoto.jpg
    GroupPhoto.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Image (12).jpg
    Image (12).jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20170218_095841566.jpg
    IMG_20170218_095841566.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20161126_165428850.jpg
    IMG_20161126_165428850.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 17
  • GTO Left.jpg
    GTO Left.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Scanned-image-2 - Copy.jpg
    Scanned-image-2 - Copy.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Scanned-image-7 - Copy.jpg
    Scanned-image-7 - Copy.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 1967 Impala SS.jpg
    1967 Impala SS.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 19
  • Image (17).jpg
    Image (17).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Biscayne Right.jpg
    Biscayne Right.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 17
Love that 63' Biscayne, way cool. Don't see those around very much. Just need a 409 and you're off to the races! I agree, very cool collection.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

I haven't been a stranger to musclecars. Most of these (and others not pictured) are still around the place. And yes, the daughter does get to drive them too and knows how to drive a "stick"! This is mostly the group 72 or older and doesn't include the other ones lol.

The 69 Bonneville 428 Convertible was my first car. I need to get it back going again. Took it apart more then 10 years ago to redo the interior and didn't get around to getting it done.

The 70 Chevelle LS6 454 is a lot of fun to drive but we nuetered it a little bit with a replica engine that can run on todays crap fuel. The original engine is rebuilt and on the shelf.

The 68 Camaro RS/SS 396 has a lot of nice options (including the rare 4 piston disc brake fronts) and was the car I learned to drive in (with the LS6's engine in there). Had a bad accident when I was 15 (not my fault). Got lucky to walk away from that one.

The 69 GTO currently has a 68 chevy big block 396 engine in it. Painted it blue and always gets an internal laugh when people ask me if it's a 400 or 455. The original 400 is sitting patiently waiting to go back in there someday.

The old mopar was dads way back as was the blue 67 and then the pair of chevelles. To this day he will not run Firestone tires since it nearly killed him when one blew out in Hawaii and wrapped the car around a tree.

The T-Bird is sold (earlier this year) as were a few other cars i didn't include pics of (65 GTO Hardtop and 67 GTO Convertible).

The 72 Ventura is up for sale for a friend.

Dad's favorite car is the 67 SS 427 Impala. Got the engine built for it (a roller 468) and just need to get time to get it back together for him.

The 63 Biscayne was bought new by my uncle and is as basic as they get. 6 cylinder 3 on the tree. We tossed some wheels on it and rolled it around for a few years. Currently got a bad noise that I think is a broken rocker arm or push rod issue.

The 66 convertible corvette is a 427 car though that engine is long gone. Got most of the interior and again waiting to get to it. New Muncie ready to go for it as well. Going to do a mile 454 build on it I think we decided.

Sold the 68 SS Chevelle seen in some of the pics a few years back. Was a back half car and fun with the 427/glide combo.

I didn't own them, but my brother had a 66 chevelle. I can still smell the interior, in my mind. My cousin had a 70 chevelle SS. It was black cherry with white stripes. Cowl induction, 4 speed. Great cars:punk:

Here is a database from contemporary car magazines of hot Detroit iron, usually listing car specs and 0-60 & 1/4-mile times, as well as rated HP.

You can debate the 413 Mopar Wedge vs. the 406 FE Ford, the 260/289 Ford Police Interceptor vs. the 327 Chevy, the Buick 455 Stage 1 vs, the Pontiac Ram Air IV 455, or the Chevy 454 vs. the Mopar 426 Hemi in whatever car they were available in.

What's humbling is that a six-cylinder 2017 Mustang would spank many of these bad boys, and be much safer doing it! Not to mention being able to out-handle nearly anything on the list.

Still, in the 1960's there was little else as-satisfying as running a Detroit V8 hard and catching a good second gear, while Mitch Ryder was playing over a set of 6 x 9's in the rear parcel shelf.

Have fun reading and comparing. Remember these were car enthusiast magazine road tests, and not just car company p.r. :punk:

http://roadtests.tripod.com/
You mention a v6 mustang,but what about a little black Buick back in 87 that went by the name GNX?(fastest domestic car of 87 even faster than the Corvette).It also had a v6.And a good example of one today will fetch well over $100,000.Just saying,but I still prefer a old school big block v8 with a 4 barrel and a set of Glasspacks.You can never make a v6 sound good!I still regret selling my 65 Olds 442 a few years ago,with a 400 and a 4 speed it was a lot of fun..

The Mustang is no power adder, the Grand National is a turbo. My point is that a 2017 normally-aspirated everyday car is capable of running w/the hot cars of yesteryear.

SInce you brought it up, try a GMC S15 pickup with the V6 turbo motor, talk about a sleeper!
See what this car guy had to say about one: this-1991-gmc-syclone-was-jay-lenos-daily-driver-for-years

The Mustang is no power adder, the Grand National is a turbo. My point is that a 2017 normally-aspirated everyday car is capable of running w/the hot cars of yesteryear.

SInce you brought it up, try a GMC S15 pickup with the V6 turbo motor, talk about a sleeper!
See what this car guy had to say about one: this-1991-gmc-syclone-was-jay-lenos-daily-driver-for-years

Oh YES,I remember the Cyclone and Typhoon,they were quick.Yes I agree the newer cars with the smaller engines are good performers.But of all the cars mentioned above including all the old muscle cars,the Grand National,Cyclone,Typhoon and v6 Mustang,the Mustang is the only one that will not retain or raise it's value as it ages.That may be the reason they don't get as much respect as others.

You mention a v6 mustang,but what about a little black Buick back in 87 that went by the name GNX?(fastest domestic car of 87 even faster than the Corvette).It also had a v6.And a good example of one today will fetch well over $100,000.Just saying,but I still prefer a old school big block v8 with a 4 barrel and a set of Glasspacks.You can never make a v6 sound good!I still regret selling my 65 Olds 442 a few years ago,with a 400 and a 4 speed it was a lot of fun..

I remember when that engine was in the 20th anniversary Trans Am. One of the places that I used to work as a teenager, one of the people that regularly came in had one. That was a HOT car.

Well, I heard back from the guy that bought my old Cutlass.

He sold it about a year ago to someone from New York. Said he had a bunch of photos but his computer crashed.

Would have loved to catch up with him and see the car again.

Back