Vmax (all-in-one) Running Engine Stand

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hubeerjw

Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone here has pictures of an engin stand they use while the bike is out of the frame. I actually have a junk frame that I am planning on using. I have enough parts laying around that I should be able to make a functional stand to run/test engines. I have a radiator, fan, harnesses, gauges, electrical components, carbs, etc.....
It will be nice to have a functional test stand to be able to test different parts/components and do various fitups (turbos, exhaust, carbs, valve jobs, etc.) If anyone has done anything similar or has any ideas, please let me know. I've even thought about keeping the front forks/wheel on it and making a trike out of it with an axle through the swingarm pivot area.... this would just be a roller of course, but it may be nice to be able to roll the unit outside to run and engine so it doesn't stink up the garage.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas. And I'll post some pictures soon.

Thanks,

Jeff

So I'm guessing you have not seen Damon F'S videos. He shows this Vmax specific run stand. Perfect for setting O2 levels and the like

I flipped through the vid real quick and got this screen shot.
To me it looks like a regular engine stand, except he has longer fingers to go through the Vmax engine.

standj.jpg

Jeff how are you making out with the new welder? I just take a frame and sawzall the rear right at the down tubes. Compact and when I'm not working on a certain project I put the whole thing on a furniture dolly and roll it in a corner... doesn't take take up a lot of space. Also have one similar to what KJ has shown for doing engine work.

I've got empty junk engine cases if anyone needs a set to use for mockup work.

Sean

Here is what I'm mocking up right now... need to figure out how to get it up in the air or some sort of stand.

Attachments

• 20120309180433.jpg
    20120309180433.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20120309180448.jpg
    20120309180448.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 20120309180441.jpg
    20120309180441.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 23
Here are a few more pics, I hope to fire it up sometime in the next week or so.

Attachments

• 20120311143142.jpg
    20120311143142.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 20120311143156.jpg
    20120311143156.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 49
well you could use a cherry picker to pick the top frame rails up in the air, weld the chain/ chains in place on the frame and you can lift the whole set up. I do not know if it would work or if you thought of that.

Here are a few more pics, I hope to fire it up sometime in the next week or so.

There ya go... can just roll it into a corner to get it out of the way when your not using it. Did the dog pee on it yet? Mine always does with new stuff at one point or another. Like a seal of approval.

I guess noone has seen Damons test stand. It looks like something Yamaha made to test their engines

Latest posts

Back