Vmax Backpack

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
How do you like my new Vmax backpack. Just got it yesterday. It matches my 2005 Anniversary Edition Vmax. It will come in handy when I go to the store, I think it will hold at least 2 gallons of milk. So it will be very useful when fetching things.

Got it at Academy Sports-Norman, OK, around $25. Lightweight, padded straps. Has a label on it, "Dickies". Many small compartments too.

I need to get the VMF label and attach over the Dickies label. KNow how I get one?

Attachments

• Dickie Backpack.jpg
    Dickie Backpack.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 87
Nice. I didn't know Dickies was still around. I'm looking into zip off saddle bags for my max.

Thanks, got one of those VMF patches ordered. Bye, bye Dickies!

Yeah, saddlebags and such look so out of place on the Max. I didn't even really like the OEM luggage rack. In the rare case I need to bring something along I just use a backpack. I find if I let the straps down, I can rest the bag on the passenger seat fairly easily due to the height difference, especially with the Morley cut down seat.

If you go really fast, make sure it has the harness style straps. Unless there's a lot of weight the bag will start to float up and fly around at around 120. lol

Yes, I agree about saddlebags, tank bags, etc. To me it takes away from the sporty, bad ass look. So a backpack will suit me just fine.

Yes, I agree about saddlebags, tank bags, etc. To me it takes away from the sporty, bad ass look. So a backpack will suit me just fine.

I agree that they don't look good. That is why I'm hoping to find something I can easily take on and off. I'm also looking a packs that attach to my sissy bar as an alternative. I'm hoping that the fender and he sissy bar can hold something as i dont have a luggage rack. My wife won't ride with a grab rail so the sissy bar stays.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Saddlebags can be made to look good on the Max! Better than a backpack too. I can fit a week's worth of groceries into these mofos!

2011-07-15_12-05-36_795.jpg

Re: Vmax Backpack Finished With Picture

Here is the picture of my Vmax Backpack with the VMF label sewed on. Looks a lot better than the Dickies label. I think it turned out better than expected. Have already used it once. The seller of my new #502, 2005 Anni. Edition gave me the genuine Yamaha-Star VMax service manual, 2001-2007. Used the backpack to carry the book home.

Attachments

• VmaxPackSmall.jpg
    VmaxPackSmall.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 19
1089266-Clipart-Yellow-Thumbs-Up-Chinese-Emoticon-Smiley-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg

Re: Vmax Backpack Finished With Picture

Here is the picture of my Vmax Backpack with the VMF label sewed on. Looks a lot better than the Dickies label. I think it turned out better than expected. Have already used it once. The seller of my new #502, 2005 Anni. Edition gave me the genuine Yamaha-Star VMax service manual, 2001-2007. Used the backpack to carry the book home.
I knew that would look good on red:biglaugh:

Nice. Looks like you bought it that way!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have the Manta XL tank bag and don't think it looks too bad on the Max, it's magnetic and removes quick and easy, I have 2 of Rustys patches, one for the tank bag and one for my jacket....................Tom.

You inspired me to do the same with my tank bag, but I cheated a little. The Boy Scouts taught me how to sew, but the patch only wanted to go in one spot--in the windowed pocket meant for a portable nav system. The second pic is an inadvertent shot that using the camera flash--forgot that the bag had reflective piping.
20120429_185541.jpg20120429_185441.jpg

Back