Vmax Engine for sale in portland area on CL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geek_Law

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is looking for just an engine ... and this is *not* my engine or my listing, but I saw this on CL today for $300 for the engine and $400 with carbs. Seems like a pretty good deal.

Anyway, here is the link.

-GL

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/mcy/3710853021.html

Here's the text from the ad:
complete engine minus carbs . starter motor included ,i can turn motor with 12 volts
came out of running venture from late 80's 1300 cc 300.00 for engine ........400.00 with carbs. Great for upgrading a VMAX or early 1200cc Venture /Venture Royal Email me your # and i will return your call. thank you and remember.................there's no such thing as a slow v4

Oh crap! Hahah ... sorry. I had no idea. Apparently, neither does he! Crap, the stupid thing says 1300cc right on it. Doh!

-GL
I wonder what he ment by, great upgrade for a Vmax.:ummm: Seems like a down grade to me. In less it's sold local, it could cost $300 bucks to create it up for shipping:confused2:

I wonder what he ment by, great upgrade for a Vmax.:ummm: Seems like a down grade to me. In less it's sold local, it could cost $300 bucks to create it up for shipping:confused2:

I don't think you'd get that to the east coast for $300! There's a VMax here w/a Venture in it, I saw it at my friend's new parts & accessories shop. The guy said he bought it for $2K & it ran but had a bad 5th gear, or at least wouldn't stay engaged. He had just gotten it & hadn't really looked into it. It had been on the local CL for awhile.

The 2nd series Venture engine is the 1300 cc. A place to start for a bargain displacement boost.

Attachments

• Miramar VMax.JPG
    Miramar VMax.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Damn, I wish I was closer to that I would snag it up! And yes it is a venture...

G

If you can get him to deliver it to my garage then you can grab it next time you make it to portland ... assuming you ever come to Portland. It can go next to my 2300cc Triumph rocket engine with a busted crank :confused2:

Boise ID is 6 hours. Not sure about Eden.

EDIT: Or have him drive it your way ... It looks like Eden is 8 hours from Portland.

I don't think you'd get that to the east coast for $300! There's a VMax here w/a Venture in it, I saw it at my friend's new parts & accessories shop. The guy said he bought it for $2K & it ran but had a bad 5th gear, or at least wouldn't stay engaged. He had just gotten it & hadn't really looked into it. It had been on the local CL for awhile.

The 2nd series Venture engine is the 1300 cc. A place to start for a bargain displacement boost.

I just had a larger Triumph Rocket engine shipped from Chicago IL to Portland Oregon for about $300.00. I'm not sure what shipper the guy used, but it arrived in one piece (went directly to my repair shop, not to me). It's now powering my heretofore busted rocket.

Last time I shipped a bike, it cost me about $1000 from Portland Ore. to Indianapolis Ind. Then I had to ship it back ... ouch.

I tried to connect with this guy in late march when I went to Portland to buy a new outboard for my boat. (I live in Seattle, outboards are expensive and I saved over $1k in sales tax.) We arranged for an approx time for my trip down; when I called from Vancouver I got no answer. Tried 3 more times over the next two days. No luck. The link here was two weeks after my trip.

Now I really wish I had pursued it harder. At the time I didnt need it, my 05 is strong, but yesterday I bought a '86 Venture to keep her company...

well folks lets get one thing straight , first this is my craigslist add , and it was listed as a Yamaha v4 engine. not a vmax engine. geek law ,...your the stupid one for not getting it right in the first place . 2nd thing is.... if your going to have a cost effective engine upgrade for your vmax use a venture block with vmax heads and cams with vboost . its been documented on this site! as to the people wanting to get a hold of me saying im not available ,well you didnt try very hard to call cause im always here. i cant believe the shit i hear from people which is completely unfounded . as for you geek law you talk a lot of shit ,see you and your glam bike on the road scag !

Back