VMax - good compromise or best of both worlds?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mavherzog

Reaction score
My last three bikes have been:
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Classic
2003 Kawasaki ZRX1200 (current)

I love cruisers and I love sport bikes (prefer the ZRX for its less aggressive riding position). After a couple of seasons on a sporty bike, I get the itch for a cruiser, and vica versa.

So, is the VMax truly the best of both worlds? Cruiser comfort, throaty exhaust, but with kick-in-the-pants performance?

I think it is a good compromise, I have done long road trips on it stock (back to back 800 milers, and multiple 300-500 mile days) and its not the most comfortable, but more than a crotch rocket for sure, and you do get breaks every 100 miles (for gas) which is nice, plus you can still go out and scare your self every now and then when you feel the need.

I love the styling and it looks to be pretty comfortable (not looking for goldwing comfort, mainly just that laid back cruiser "feel").

Seeing the YouTube vids of folks wheeling on the vmax is proof enough that they have plenty of "kick".

We'll see next year (or perhaps at the end of the riding season here this fall if I can get a good deal).

You wont be disappointed! I came from the crotch rockets, and before I bought the max I test drove a 1100 Magna. I was happy with the comfort of the magna, but disappointed with the performance after coming from the "snap" of a sport bike. The Vmax is a perfect combination in my opinion. Bob

i think its perfect altho would love to try out a rex!

i thought 'rex' was short for '1200zrx'?

ZRX's are commonly referred to as REX's or Z-REX's. I really like them a lot (main reason I went back to one after sufficiently scratching my cruiser itch) :)

But like any '80 kid, I've always admired and wanted a VMax...ever since it was first released.

yea thats what i meant. zrx. they look fun. kind of if a vmax and an fz1 had a baby.

I wouldn't get rid of a rex for a max unless the max was modified with radials and better suspenders.

Just my .02?

Latest posts

Back