Vmax Grips

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

06VMAXUSMC

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 06 max and I want to change my stock grips for some good quality ones.

I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or sources.

Thanks

They are a bit of a cliche with the Harley crowd but Kuryakyn Iso-Grips are absolutely incredible.

They changed those 200 mile trips from hand numbing experiences to "Are we here already?"

I love them and will never go back.

I suppose they are a must on a Harley for sure...

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, I knew ya would post it. Your a good man. I have a question for ya. Are those slip on's over the stock grips ? Sorry, if I'm an idiot - but I wasn't sure if anyone makes slip on over grips. I looks like the stock ones are still on underneath. True ?
The only ones I've seen - you have to take off the stock ones.

Robbarrie said:
Thanks Mike, I knew ya would post it. Your a good man. I have a question for ya. Are those slip on's over the stock grips ? Sorry, if I'm an idiot - but I wasn't sure if anyone makes slip on over grips. I looks like the stock ones are still on underneath. True ?
The only ones I've seen - you have to take off the stock ones.
You're very perceptive and right on the money. The ProGrips can also be bought for 1" bars and are bigger in inside diameter naturally. It's still a bear to slip them over the stock grips but manageable with a little patience. I reversed them and slid the ends to the front and cut off the other end to the length of the grip. My hands have many battle scars from working in the machine tool industry all my life and this extra diameter eliminated the tingles and I seem to have better control of the throttle opening.

wfcall said:
They are a bit of a cliche with the Harley crowd but Kuryakyn Iso-Grips are absolutely incredible.

They changed those 200 mile trips from hand numbing experiences to "Are we here already?"

I love them and will never go back.

I suppose they are a must on a Harley for sure...

Got a picture of your grips?

You're very perceptive and right on the money. The ProGrips can also be bought for 1" bars and are bigger in inside diameter naturally. It's still a bear to slip them over the stock grips but manageable with a little patience. I reversed them and slid the ends to the front and cut off the other end to the length of the grip. My hands have many battle scars from working in the machine tool industry all my life and this extra diameter eliminated the tingles and I seem to have better control of the throttle opening.

Using dishsoap really helps when putting on grips. I suppose it would be different putting grips on over stock grips, but when working with the bar, its great, it lubricates when you're putting it on, but when it dries up the grips stick in place perfectly.

Using dishsoap really helps when putting on grips. I suppose it would be different putting grips on over stock grips, but when working with the bar, its great, it lubricates when you're putting it on, but when it dries up the grips stick in place perfectly.

Very true, hair spray also works well too.

Anyone ever tried KY, and any extra is just licked off your hands. :rofl_200:
Though of it haven't ya !

Latest posts

Back