Vmax help pops out of 2nd gear and gas leaks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We check out his bike together, Thanks Danny sanding the screw's seem to stop the leak.

His speedometer black cup at the front wheel lower fork was not in the slot to. we install it the right way.

I road his bike it's pops out of 2nd gear around 4000 rpm with me riding it.
We change the oil filter and oil, oil we used Shell Rotella-T 15w40 - bike now pops out of 2nd
around 7000 to 7500 rpm not below that now at last he can ride it some. Told him motor may have to be pull off to repair the tranny.

His bike has a jet kit not sure what type open top on the air box and a round k-n air filter. His vboost is not hook up and is set to closed. Why would this be closed? Why would it be not hook up?

Also this bike is hard start man even if you ride the about for about 10min's like it's flooded takes about 12 to 15 motor turn over's to start. When it's running no problems. Why would it be so hard to start?

Thanks for your input guy's, kinda feel his pain right now.

^ vboost not hooked up and set to closed.. guy might have set it to closed because less power might have stopped it from popping out of gear so much

I thought he told me it was closed, so with stage 7 jet kit the vboost is lift open and then disconnect the vboost...

i will ask him in the morning to make sure.

Should be alwzys open.. some remove it fully

Thanks for the info, The machine shop local can repair the trans if we pull it out.
The shop had balance some chevy motor cranks for me in the pass.

We will start pulling the motor in about 2 to 3 weeks. thanks to every 1 for your help. :clapping:

Hopefully they know what there doing with the vmax... if he has the little extra money id sent it off and get it undercut so he should never have the pop out problem again.. I meen its already torn down why not do it right

You can't just undercut a trans without knowledge of what can be done. The gear has an outer "crust" that is what gives the gear long life and an inner "core" that helps absorb shocks and stays flexible. If you undercut too much you get past that crust and though the gear will look great it will not last long at all.

Usually there are a minimum of 2 gears we have to hard weld prior to undercutting to keep that crust we need.

Sean

He sounds like he's just rebuilding it. Just trying to convince him while he is in there and its torn apart to spend the extra cash and get it done

He sounds like he's just rebuilding it. Just trying to convince him while he is in there and its torn apart to spend the extra cash and get it done

The motor is still on the bike I'm talking to Tony who has the Vmax and the pro shop now that did some work for me.

Sean
I talk to Mike at the pro shop, I do no they been building race motor for cars and boats back to the 40s, they did the head work and cams regrind and balance the crank on my vmax. My trans Mike at the pro shop said mind was already had the trany for smooth shifting vmax. They really don't like working on bikes that much but he did it for me I did there roof top AC/heating system so he cut me break. I took the motor off the bike with vmaxforum help read up how to pull the motor. He charge me $800.00 for all the work he did plus 2 extra sets copper head gasket. Mike put the motor back together tune the carbs and test the motor in his shop.
"O" he said the pistons was shave/cut for valve relief. I do remember that being don in the shop when the pistons was on 1 of the machines he was typing in some numbers. I ask him again can he under cut Tony
trans and when can he do it. He said man james you got over big time he said I have a brand new motor on in the inside and more power to pull the Venture rear to10s easy. Then Mike sh-t I'm not sure yet on when I can mass with another vmax bike maybe 2 to 3 weeks. But still would not give me a price to give Tony.

Sean what he did for me is this a super good price he charge me $800. a lot of the parts he fab in his shop for me. "O" he said shim up the oil pump for more pressure. He did not repaint the motor and my heads upper part a lot of the black paint was remove.

He never give me a compete list of all the work he did and specs, Mike said he will give them all to me sometime next week. He said there was 3 dyno pulls dun on the motor. He did the work back in 10/02/2012

My bike is much fast than when I bought it, that for sure and it revs a little higher.
Before Tony sold his Yamaha R1 we did 5 drag races my vmax and is bike and we switch bikes. The vmax would out pull him off line the line every time walk away from the R1 we shut down at 135 miles in hour who gets to 135 1st.

So Tony sold the R1 to buy a Vmax.

"O" he said I need the swing brace and stronger shaft if going to be drag racing the bike.

Sean can you email me a price fixing his motor and what would be the shipping cost.
I will forward it over to Tony my email is [email protected] james I think you should no me by now funny.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back