vmaxmart

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
weak battery was mine, I could start it cold but after running for a while if I had to stop and restart the battery did not have the guts to push the motor over

If the battery is good, mid to high 12's, Starter needs service or you need to pick up a 4 pole starter from a newer model.

Welcome to the forum.
Have a look around the electrical section of this forum. There are a few different starting faults the max's get, and a few different fixes.
There are some bad connections in the charging system. That can cause the battery to start to fail and slow cranking when warm can be the result. Fried regulator can do the same.

I had an issue like yours awhile back. It was only after I put a used 4-brush starter on and still had the same problem that I dislodged my head from my rectum and did a proper diagnosis. The problem was low battery voltage because of a faulty voltage regulator. A simple voltage test at idle told the whole story. I pulled the voltage regulator off for inspection and found it to be melted. I got an aftermarket replacement and now have 14.5 volts at idle. Problem solved! Good Luck.

Back