VMOA - 2011 Michigan Event

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you can be close to the action for the weekend Brian! Still going to stay in Sparta with your brother after that? Hey 2Fear, Wildman going to make it down?................................Tom.
I'm still trying to work that out with my brother Tom, hopefully I will know soon! Ever since he retired he has lost all concept of time I'm afraid!

Hey Brian dont forget to bring the spanner etc, if the offer for help stands. Im riding in so cant bring a toolbox along. My bike also doesnt have a center stand. :bang head:

Could make a Tech event out of it, bounce test etc.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, I should be in friday before the first scheduled ride at 6:30-7:00.
I will bring the tools Bill but we'll have to figure a way to raise the front wheel even if it's just a inch.
I have a long scenic ride down the west coast of Michigan (after I cross da bridge) which should take a good part of the day. I should be to the hotel sometime between 4 and 6 pm on Friday.

Wife's booking hotel for me in Shipshewana, supposed to be about 30 minutes from three rivers, post details when she gives em to me.
You should post up on the VMOA site and ask if someone is looking for a room mate, I did that last year and split a room with Bones. It worked out good for both of us, I'm sure someone will chime in.

2Fear and I are riding down to Three Rivers tomorrow 7/3/11 to check things out and mostly to get a nice ride in!............We will be getting there around 1:30 pm if anyone nearby is interested in joining us........................Tom.

2Fear and I are riding down to Three Rivers tomorrow 7/3/11 to check things out and mostly to get a nice ride in!............We will be getting there around 1:30 pm if anyone nearby is interested in joining us........................Tom.

Damn, sure wish I could but I have a benefit for my nephew I have to go to. If anyone is still looking for a place to crash, I have comfy couch and spare bedroom! LOL I'm in Niles and its about a 40 minute ride from three rivers but its free! I also want to join the VMOA so can I just do it at the event? Where exactly are you guys having breakfast Saturday morning because I'd like to be there early enough to join you all, can't wait to hook up with you guys!

She ended up booking me south of kalamazoo( econo lodge on easy st ) supposedly only 22 miles from three rivers.

Someone who's trailering in mind bringing a couple jack stands?
I'd greatly appreciate it. :eusa_dance:

I intend to leave before friday rush hour ( 2ish ). Will put me at my hotel
around 4:30-5:30 traffic and gas stops depending. I expect to be in 3 rivers
by 6:30 at the latest.

My Cell # is on the VMOA site on the region page.

Damn, sure wish I could but I have a benefit for my nephew I have to go to. If anyone is still looking for a place to crash, I have comfy couch and spare bedroom! LOL I'm in Niles and its about a 40 minute ride from three rivers but its free! I also want to join the VMOA so can I just do it at the event? Where exactly are you guys having breakfast Saturday morning because I'd like to be there early enough to join you all, can't wait to hook up with you guys!

You can just pop over to http://www.vmoa.net/xoops/modules/pages/index.php?pagenum=16 to join the VMOA right now :eusa_dance:

Tom: You and 2fear should've called the Decatur boys. We rode to three rivers about 9am and ran the event route to hasting and all the way back at about 2pm.

Bill:Get with me later in the week and I could have the wife bring jack stands.

Trevor:The main ride Saturday starts at 11:00am. Breakfast: I can't remember the name of the place, but hear it's across the street from the hotel.

The weather forecast looks FANTASTIC ! Sunny and day time temps in the low 80's for Thursday pm through Sunday !!! GREAT conditions for MIchigan countryside rides & burnouts. :punk:
I'll be bringing my CarbTune gauges & tools with me in case anyone wants to check / adj the carb sync on their bike.

My plans are to ride from Midland Friday late morning, arriving Three Rivers in the early afternoon. I need to call the hotel to check on my reservation. I thought they had me in a single rm. If they have me in a double, may be able to share with someone.

The weather forecast looks FANTASTIC ! Sunny and day time temps in the low 80's for Thursday pm through Sunday !!! GREAT conditions for MIchigan countryside rides & burnouts. :punk:
I'll be bringing my CarbTune gauges & tools with me in case anyone wants to check / adj the carb sync on their bike.

My plans are to ride from Midland Friday late morning, arriving Three Rivers in the early afternoon. I need to call the hotel to check on my reservation. I thought they had me in a single rm. If they have me in a double, may be able to share with someone.

See you Saturday morning Jeff! I would love to check my carb sync again, thanks.

The breakfast place Saturday morning is called the Oasis on US- 131 just across from the hotels

FYI!!! You don't have to be a Vmoa member to enjoy the weekend events. Just making sure everyone knows. Or, Feels they shouldn't because they're not a current member. The more V-maxer's the better...

Well, as much as I hate to say this I will not be able to come to this event.:damn angry: Redbone is feeling a little ill, the ticking on cylinder # 1 has gotten worse so I don't want to ride a bunch of hard miles before I check out the source of the ticking. Fixing it could be as easy as checking shims and tolerences (have to wait for Sean's loaner shim kit w/ shim tool) or it maybe a broken valve spring. I will not know until I get the valve covers off for a look see.
I hope you all have a fun and safe event and do a good burnout for me!

Bummer Brian...............I too hope it's somthing simple, maybe we can meet up in Travers City when we make the lakeshore run later in the summer................Tom.

Back