What colour is it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxMidnight

Reaction score
If there was a 'Should get out more' section this would be posted there. :rofl_200:

The PDF in this link lists the colours of bodywork, frame and wheels of the Gen 1 Max.

I would appreciate any feed back regarding errors, any additional information you may have or offers of vast sums of money.

When you are at the Rapidshare page click on the green 'Download' button to see the PDF.

Aythankyou.

Pretty-cool, and the link to Color-Rite is useful. Thanks for the spreadsheet, "a sticky this should be," said Yoda-Max!

Is Red-E Sparkle the fastest color?:biglaugh:

The PDF download is dead when I go there. May be the firewall here doing it?

I got it to download, it comes as a .bin file which is binary format. You need a binary to .pdf converter. If someone hasn't done this, I will attach it as .pdf later when I'm able

Another computer mystery - when I click the link it opens up as a PDF!

Wasn't aware you could attach file within the site; if someone could be so kind to educate me on the method I'll do it.

Another computer mystery - when I click the link it opens up as a PDF!

Wasn't aware you could attach file within the site; if someone could be so kind to educate me on the method I'll do it.

down where you reply click go advanced and at the top of the reply box there is a little paperclip next to the smilie face. click the paperclip and select the file you wish to attach

I can see it now. Thanks.

Question is, if one were to take the code to a auto body supply shop, could they mix you paint based on the codes?

Thanks!

Just one knit-pick....the 86' was also availble in Dark Amethyst, I know cause I had 2 of them.

My experience is NO to a paint jobber matching to the code. They all (two paint shops and a body shop all said bring in a color chip for them to spectrum analyze and still no guarantee of a match. Sean M did send me a link to Carrizzma Colors that had the closest thing to the 1985 purple I have ever seen though. Gotta get a quart of that!

down where you reply click go advanced and at the top of the reply box there is a little paperclip next to the smilie face. click the paperclip and select the file you wish to attach

Simple when you know how :clapping:

Attachments

• Thank you.pdf
    209.3 KB · Views: 8
I would appreciate any feed back regarding errors, any additional information you may have or offers of vast sums of money.

I have a 1990, but that black sure looks dark-blue to me ?? Maybe it bleaches in the sun ?

I have a 1990, but that black sure looks dark-blue to me ?? Maybe it bleaches in the sun ?

When I was growing up we had a brand new '90 in the household. I always thought it was called midnight blue. Looked black till the sun hit it. Then you noticed it was a dark blue with metallic flake in it. Loved that color.

Thanks, but were the bikes purchased in '86 (i.e. could they have been '85 bikes?) and also were the mudguards also Dark Anythyst?

So OK..........I was wrong about the Dark Amethyst, but...... right about there being another color.

It was called "Shiny Black" and looked more dark blue than black. I had two of them (it's my favorite Gen 1 year), one was modded and the other was stock. The stock one I purchased from the original owner, a Tennessee State Trooper.

Here is a picture, it's the only shot I have where you can really see the blue because it is in the sun. In the shade it pretty much looked black.

leftside.jpg

Hi all,
Soon owner of a Vmax, I dream of it since I am 25 years old, I am 52 years old !
I resume this post dating from 2007, concerning the original colors of the Vmax 1200.
Do you know if on the motorcycle is mentioned (a label with a text) the original color code of the motorcycle? (color of the 3 body parts: false tank + front mudguard + rear mudguard
For example, a Vmax 1200 model from 1985, US version, in the original color Sparkle Marroon (SM). The code "00MX" corresponding to the color "Sparkle Maroon", is written where on the motorcycle ?
I hope I'm asking an interesting question... ;-)
Cdt.

It is not written anywhere on the bike, to my knowledge. Below are examples of the color key code from Yamaha. There were multiple colors some years, and it could differ in some markets (countries).

VMax VIN chart-country-colors.06.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.07.png

Fire-medic,
Thank you for your answer and the color codes.
Good weekend.
Cdt.

Back