What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andded a windshield today. Getting a little brisk in the mornings so this will help. Looks a little funky but not bad for $30. See how it holds up.

Attachments

• 20170830_093809.jpg
    20170830_093809.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 39
Its just about the perfect size. Im 5'9". And while sitting on the bike the windshield is about up to my chin. And completely covers the curvature of the stock bars so cold hands are no more. Worth the couple bucks i would have spent on beer.

Yes the mini works, not as much as a bigger one but it helps. A problem with the handlebar mounted, larger, tall ones is it makes the handling sketchy at higher speeds. Think of it as a ticket reducer, you won't be visiting triple digit speeds w/your setup because of the handling changes, not for the good.

Andded a windshield today. Getting a little brisk in the mornings so this will help. Looks a little funky but not bad for $30. See how it holds up.

I dont speed. 55 at night. Speed limit during the day. Dont hardly vboost either. Its my commuter at the moment so going fast isnt priority (wrong bike for that, right lol) if i want to go fast ill buy another gsxr.

First time to scrape side stand and footpeg in a corner today on my way to band practice. Kinda scared me didn't think I was leaning that hard.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Its just about the perfect size. Im 5'9". And while sitting on the bike the windshield is about up to my chin. And completely covers the curvature of the stock bars so cold hands are no more. Worth the couple bucks i would have spent on beer.

I'm short I use the speedometer as a block[emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a 1988 Vmax off of a forum member a little over a month ago to build for my dad. I've spent a day or two over the past 3 weeks to get it running.

Step 1: Cleaned the fuel tank and replaced the fuel lines.

Step 2: Shotgun the carbs and flush the float bowls. Ran a tank of seafoam through them and synchronized them. I still need to pull them and clean them thoroughly but wanted to ride it first.

Step 3: 1996 front end and brakes. I put my front end on. It has all the normal Racetech goodies and a superbrace. Installed brand new bearings, nuts and washers. Feels perfect.

Step 4: Fix electrical gremlins. Found a bad terminal for brakes. Still need to trouble shoot the clutch switch. Found a bad terminal and suspect the same on the clutch side as it gave out just as I went on the maiden voyage.

The ride. OMG for a bike that has sat for a few years and seems to be bone stock it nearly ripped my arms off. I was impressed. These bikes never fail to put a smile on your face.

Next step will be tearing it back down for paint. My dad is retired USAF and he used to work on F111s so I'm going to do an Olive drab and tan camo fighter jet theme with the black front end.

Attachments

• 20170903_200124.jpg
    20170903_200124.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 21
Well, i felt froggy tonight. Moon is out. No wind. Got on the highway and said to hell with it. Cruising my usual 55mph in 5th i pin it. Duck down a bit and she just kept pulling. Noticed somewhere over 115ish mph and backed off. Shortly after a coyote ran across the highway. Anyways. First time fast on the max. And the windshield was great. No buffeting at high speeds and it was solid as a rock.she just makes me fall in love everyrime...

Since I got my Dad's bike on the road I was able to focus on my Max. In the process of installing Cops and Dyna 3000. Was able to remove the coils and T-Boost that was installed by the P.O.. Next step will be installing connectors to the Cops.

I had left mine at work for the past 5 days, so back to work today, and stared at it, and the weather, and hating the forecast lol
581263f661470efce308c1fadd9c9fb7.jpg

I beat the hell out of it and drove it like a hooligan through city traffic. Then I got home and smoked the rear tire completely bald. It was a good day. This bike is the best purchase I've ever made. Between the great community of vmax riders who always lend me a hand and never ask for anything to the smile it leaves on my face as soon as I start it. The one problem is there is just no way to drive it normally. I put that visor down and become Kenny Roberts. Lol.

Thumbs up to that. Took mine home this weekend, and beat the snot outta it. Lots of tire smoke, and two wheelies, which I hate but she hooked up and went up.

Got my carbs back from Sean and I've been riding the hell out of it since. It's all touched up and polished so it's a lot of fun to ride it again.

Tore the carbs apart on my 88 and cleaned them waiting on a few parts for reassembly. Almost finished the COPs and Dyan 300 install on the 96. Went to start it and the battery is shot. Waiting on a new battery now. Time to pull the venture in for a starter clutch replacement.

Picked up some hyabusa wheels. One step of a few to get my wheel swap done.

He mentioned the guy in Rochester NY who was COO, I believe. He'll need a widened swingarm for a 6 inch rim.

Back