What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the risk of "inciting" further violence, I'll unfortunately bite. You are hot tempered. You have no qualms about speaking your mind (whether right or wrong). You inject your political slant by insulting those who differ. It is a common theme. It gets old. I don't typically engage in these discussions, but I happen to like coming on this board. Most of the time, we do fine. But, when we don't, you are usually involved.

Give it a rest. (and oh by the way, once engaged, I will see it through. Too bad it's in this fun thread).

I for one, can go to any online news source, or party-centered website and receive affirmation of a particular political viewpoint. I can comment with like-minded people, or I can log-into some website where I can post about my political beliefs in opposition to whatever someone else has posted. There are thousands of places to discharge my emotions in writing about political topics.

The forum has largely been able to eventually set-aside the political threads, with the passage of time. It's highly unlikely that anything posted by any member is going to change another member's political standing and viewpoint. Right of center, left of center, 'down the middle,' that's a personal point of view you carry with you into the ballot station when you exercise your privilege to vote. If you want to wear a shirt with 'hope' stenciled below a bust of a political character, if you want to wear a red MAGA hat and read Twitter from your chosen political leader (until recently), those activities are personal choices afforded you under this political system, the envy of the world, despite recent riotous behavior.

I come here to research how-to fix a particular motorcycle mechanical issue, to see what others have done with their rides, to read stories of places others have ridden their motorcycles, to contribute gearhead content which I believe would be of interest to fellow members. I hope we can once again recognize we have differing political views, and choose to discuss our strongly-held beliefs of political orientation on websites where that is the primary focus: being political.

A return to sharing with others solutions to mechanical issues, modifications I've made to my rides, places I've been, or experiences while riding are subjects I trust are worthy of reading here, once again. My subjects, and yours, related to our favorite ride, the Yamaha VMax, and motorcycling, gearhead topics, the history of motorcycling and motorsports and similar topics. When we stick to these types of threads, civility generally prevails, no one gets prickly about their political differences with other members, and there are no burrs under the saddle to irritate us.

VMax Kainzinger Germany.01.png

Last edited:
Well, she was an Air Force veteran that definitely knew better.

But that's what happens when you get out of the military, have no prospects, wind up cleaning pools and that doesn't last for long, and in desperation you look for something to believe in and somebody to blame for all your problems.

Trump gave her all that.

People wonder how on earth Hitler ever pulled off what he pulled off. Well, you just saw it. As a German friend of mine said, "You Americans have just woke up as we did long ago to find that a third of your people would kill another third of your people while the other third watched based only on one man's rhetoric."
"Come On Man, Gimmee A Break" (Joe B.)

Nice bike. Is that a 1500?
No, that isn't mine, its a customer bike built by probably one of the most-accomplished VMax builders, Herbert Kainzinger of Germany. I've posted about his stuff before. If you want to read about one of his bikes, here you are. As you can see, the article is 22 years old! It has a good description of riding the 1,680cc 90mm Cosworth-piston mountain-motor bike. It uses Pankl conn rods, Pankl is a Formula 1 supplier. 32.5nn intake valves & 27mm exhaust valves.

Twist the throttle too-far on this bad-boy, and you'll be crying for your momma!

Performance-Bikes-England_03-1999.pdf (kainzinger.com)

A pic of the Kainzinger VMax 1,680cc:

VMax Kainzinger 1680cc.01.png

Check out his 76 mm crankshaft, when paired with an 85 mm set of pistons, 1,724 cc!

VMax 1200cc to 1724cc via 76mm stroker crank and 85mm pistons.png

Last edited:
There is absolutely no reason we can’t have a political discussion and since I’ve been a member there have been many. The problem as Desert_max has pointed out is the name calling and insults. Like it or not this forum is much more than just the Vmax. We are a community with a common interest and just as much diversity. This makes the sharing of ideas all the more interesting and valuable. Facebook is where to go if you only want to see your views mirrored and amplified by the “community” around you. Our forum is not that kind of place.
We need to self police by ignoring and ostracizing those who refuse to behave civilly. NOT censor what topics we discus.
I’m loath to single out any members, however I am making an exception. Traumahawk did not attack, criticize or insult you Parmino. He asked a question that could easily have been ignored or answered without insult.

There is absolutely no reason we can’t have a political discussion and since I’ve been a member there have been many. The problem as Desert_max has pointed out is the name calling and insults. Like it or not this forum is much more than just the Vmax. We are a community with a common interest and just as much diversity. This makes the sharing of ideas all the more interesting and valuable. Facebook is where to go if you only want to see your views mirrored and amplified by the “community” around you. Our forum is not that kind of place.
We need to self police by ignoring and ostracizing those who refuse to behave civilly. NOT censor what topics we discus.
I’m loath to single out any members, however I am making an exception. Traumahawk did not attack, criticize or insult you Parmino. He asked a question that could easily have been ignored or answered without insult.

It's not that we need to have a political discussion, it's that some people behave poorly once something of a political nature is initiated. I'm no moderator, I cannot 'censor' anything. I can attempt to steer posts to VMax-specific topics, or other gearhead topics. I would much-rather see what CaptainKyle has done to his early 1970's LUV truck, or what folk-art sculptures he's created, than learn what Q-Anon theories someone holds dear. I'll say it again: there are thousands of websites where someone can rail-against what someone-else posted, or wallow in shared political opinions. That type of discourse distracts from why this site was created, there are many, many other web locations to engage in that. Knowing someone's deeply-held political beliefs doesn't help me to fix my 'box o'-rocks' starter sounds, or to diagnose carburetor issues, or a vexing electrical problem. I accept you have a difference of opinion about posting politically-themed threads here, my opinion is, politics don't constructively further the reason this site was created.

Let's just forget about it guys and agree to disagree and move on we are hopefully all riding buddies lets not cause hard feelings over something that isn't going to change.

It actually wasn’t to bad cold wise. I definitely dressed for it. I’m also pricing rotors for it, looks like I can get all 3 fairly reasonable. Anyone have a recommendation? I feel the back rotor pulsating when I hit the brakes.

You've got to feel a bit sorry for Herbert Kainzinge, gen 2 has about the same power at a fraction of the cost, probably not as good handling ... but same weight as R1??!! :oops:

Back