What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to re-read and look your bike. You have the same chin scoop, how did it fit? Any other motor mods for the
flatslides?
The only frame mod I have done for the 300 was to open up the top shock mount bolt holes to 10mm-1.0and that was precautionary only.20160819_205730.jpg20160819_205856.jpg20160819_223917.jpg20160819_214749.jpg20160819_214749.jpg Sorry, I just cant seem to format a post with pics....

My brother just had this 1500 built for his bike he's building it should be a monster when its done
JOSH! That is BAD-ASS!!!!! OHHH the mod monkey has gone ape shit! See, I didn't get anything for Christmas
so that nobody could whine later on if something were to come up that I might want to do. I'm gonna get that motor going as a screen saver now just to get things in motion around here. Dam a Vmax motor is just plain art!
So I am gathering up the ingredients for a chain drive, something that I think could really allow the full use of a big
motor, one like your bro's there, Im drooling! I really love my bike with the wide wheel and all the other cool mods.
I go down the road getting all kinds of honks ,thumbs-up, people filming with phones, wanting pics, talking etc.
I think a bike, a Vmax with a really built motor would be much more fun is why I want a chain drive but with a maybe
200 or 220, just a strait line killer (I don't race) is what I have in mind. Oh and here is a pic of the swing-arm I would have gotten in a heart beat had I not met Paul at Madmax.otec-330-full-floater-main_115ae0e1-d35a-4bb2-9ebc-6c1e9af521bc.jpeg

I wonder if that rear end could take the power of a built but not radical 1500.
Say Josh, did John at PCW bring that motor into the world?

What I did or about to do is boring compared to you guys but this is what I have to do. Noticed a leak coming from the coolant plug on the bottom/front of engine. The one that says on off that you can’t read. Well I have a leak from there that started as a drip and now is leaving a puddle. Went to HF last night and bought some o rings, now I just have to jump into this project. Last time I flushed my Vmax was a 1997 and it was a real pain to burp and made a big mess. So that’s my plan for today. 9B0C4BA4-838A-46CD-AF1A-F1292A0D4BE7.jpeg

flushing isn't that difficult - i did it as per manual but did not remove the plus on the cylinders (was worried they would leak when replaced) so it was just a matter of changing the water and leaving overnight - the theory being that any old coolant will be diluted by the warer and after about 3-4 changes, it ran clear. Ofcourse there may be sludge behind the plugs but the original coolant looked in good condition so i dobt it is any worse than before. No bourping was needed.

you may as well clean the platsic header tank whilst you're at it - I got the sediment out by using a cloth wrapped on a stick - using a stiff piece of bent wire I was able to get to the underside of the top of the tank so it is now looking like new, or new for a 22 year old bike.

Three things I remembered right away about that job, how hard it was to read the hex head valve
, how the little O-ring could make or brake a leak and how much work it was just to get at it.
But we don't need the Vmax marking it's spot,

Then a guy named damon did some things to it and stripped the paint off and put the carbs on that came from another guy and got it tuned and ready to rock
Damon from Michigan was-is-a Ford engineer that was an expert on the 1200 Max. Don't now his status today.

He's still very well an expert he just built a 1500 for my brother. It was originally built by john from pcm but damon took it apart and beefed it up and put the vgas carbs on it. He also did all the cosmetic work on the outside of the motor.

He's still very well an expert he just built a 1500 for my brother. It was originally built by john from pcm but damon took it apart and beefed it up and put the vgas carbs on it. He also did all the cosmetic work on the outside of the motor.
Damon is a great guy and friend !

When we picked up my brothers motor was the first time I'd met the guy and he seemed like a great guy and extremely knowledgeable. My brother got hooked up with him through mike from star rider. He drove to meet us near somerset pa he said his tire blew out 20 minutes from his house and he drove 200 plus miles on it lol next time you talk to him ask him about it he was pretty impressed it made it that far. Im glad there are guys like him and sean morley who keep the gen 1 vmax alive its awesome. I've read that you are very knowledgeable to so thank you also and anyone else on here who gives us advice or pointers we really appreciate it cause alot of things you guys help with alot of people charge people for it.

My brother got to know him a good bit over the time he had dealing with him going back and forth about the motor and he said he by far is very upfront about things and definitely knows his shit. He told me where we met at wasn't far from where you guys meet for the big bike ride you guys do every year.

My brother got to know him a good bit over the time he had dealing with him going back and forth about the motor and he said he by far is very upfront about things and definitely knows his shit. He told me where we met at wasn't far from where you guys meet for the big bike ride you guys do every year.
You can't go wrong with Damon. I call him jew 2 but that is a personal joke between us.lol he has came down for my little rally several times.

Back