What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The scoop inserts look good, I was tempted to buy them. The lighting does a good job aesthetically-speaking, in my opinion.

I added some knee grip plates I scored cheap from ebay. I'm a bit too long legged to really use them, but they look cool. Also put on the fatmax bags I picked up from Sean and got them wired up.

The scoop inserts look good, I was tempted to buy them. The lighting does a good job aesthetically-speaking, in my opinion.
I was too but not being in USA postage and tax/duties would have made it prohibitively expensive. :(

I like the back light leds too - in the UK the police would stop you as you are not allowed red light at the front of a vehicle. Potentially you could have multi coloured led that is normally white and changes to amber when indicating.

I was too but not being in USA postage and tax/duties would have made it prohibitively expensive. :(

I like the back light leds too - in the UK the police would stop you as you are not allowed red light at the front of a vehicle. Potentially you could have multi coloured led that is normally white and changes to amber when indicating.
Yeah some states here in the USA prohibit red lights only if they are flashing. I live in Vegas so no worries here.

I got it from exactrep, shipping was pretty quick even though it had to cross the pond. Couldn’t find a factory one , plus wanted it taller.

Big day!
1) got out a seized fork top cap
453EE10C-74B0-4FB8-9967-26935624AFF4.jpeg
2) synced the carbs- fun fact, the screws can be replaced with fine threaded M5 socket cap bolts (my old screw stripped on the left-right sync and the 3rd and 4th cylinders were briefly running at full throttle, unsolicited)

B5B0007C-598F-48B4-9DA2-95037B34CF64.png
Now I just need a new fork cap and two oils seals and I’m almost good to ride after a 1-year hiatus.

Big day!
View attachment 76257
2) synced the carbs- fun fact, the screws can be replaced with fine threaded M5 socket cap bolts (my old screw stripped on the left-right sync and the 3rd and 4th cylinders were briefly running at full throttle, unsolicited)

View attachment 76258
Now I just need a new fork cap and two oils seals and I’m almost good to ride after a 1-year hiatus.
Congratulations on the fork cap I know it had been giving you trouble.

Pulled the 85 out of hibernation today.
Let the fuel pump cycle.till carbs full.choke on.And hit the button. And then it happened.The kerker 4-2-1 let out a roar.The engine fired up.And stat there ideling.waiting for temps to rise.As oil circulating through all its passages.The choke was shut off.After a couple blips of the throttle.I knew what it wanted.(so did I)
So off for a short shake down run.And a couple spring burnies. And a visit from a local police officer.
It's VMAX season!

Big day!
View attachment 76257

View attachment 76258
I had the same problem, new cap cost me a hundred bucks once I finally found one. good luck with the repair!

Back