What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to put fork seals in this one today and when I opened them up they had bar ends in them someone tried to use for spacers and I am not sure what the springs were but they were really short.

Attachments

• 20220221_130355.jpg
    20220221_130355.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220221_114519.jpg
    20220221_114519.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 23
Kroger has bike parking on side walk next to the door. As I’m leaving the little boy that happens to have down syndrome walks out with his momma and goes nuts laughing and pointing the bike was running and oh the sound of this thing. He says Whight Um Hope Wight Um Up!!!!! I had my helmet on so couldn’t talk to him. What else then Roll Out Grab the brake lever and slowed rolled it the length of the building. Everybody in that parking lot thought I was the big Son Bitch Jerk on the planet. Except the little boy and his momma. Can’t go back there for a min.49FE334E-F094-46BB-B397-812D811A38DB.jpeg

Kroger has bike parking on side walk next to the door. As I’m leaving the little boy that happens to have down syndrome walks out with his momma and goes nuts laughing and pointing the bike was running and oh the sound of this thing. He says Whight Um Hope Wight Um Up!!!!! I had my helmet on so couldn’t talk to him. What else then Roll Out Grab the brake lever and slowed rolled it the length of the building. Everybody in that parking lot thought I was the big Son Bitch Jerk on the planet. Except the little boy and his momma. Can’t go back there for a min.View attachment 82745
I would have done the same thing. Screw the sticks in the mud. The smile on that kids face must have been epic.

I would have done the same thing. Screw the sticks in the mud. The smile on that kids face must have been epic.
It was incredible buddy. If your facing the store I went from left to right there was no speed bump’s from end to end there is one on each side of the store at the cross walks. When I let out of it I took a right to the top of the parking lot and crossed back to go give him a high five but when I got to his Parkin lane he was waving so I counted my blessings no police and got the hell out of there. Lol bad thing is it’s closest to the house I told the wife I couldn’t go in there for a while lol. She knows my shanigans, I value other peoples lives much more then my own so I do not do things with her on it or any traffic around.

Thanks Buddy, I am 47 years old and I still ride Hard but with calculating the risk people that don’t ride are constantly making comments about killing my self on that thing. I’m not saying an accident won’t ever happen I don’t intent to but things happen from time to time that I can’t control: the bad part is my Ex Father in-law was killed on a bike just 31 days after I sold it to him.

In 2000 my ex father in-law was killed on a bike I sold him just 31 days after he bought. I didn’t stop riding that caused friction for sure and now my boy is riding a Vmax. Dale would be proud I think he was an old school hit ya in the mouth kind of Guy so I hope he is proud. And his daughter understands some day

The other day I went to start my bike and it was dead, hooked up my trickle charger and got back to it a couple days later and fired it up. That sweet sound of a V4 rumbling is just music to my ears. I let it warm up and had to let the neighbors know I still have it;) so I think I may have something causing the draw to cause the battery to go dead like that, the po put led lights on it so I’m wondering if that might be causing the parasitic draw. They put a new battery in it when I bought it in June so I’m pretty sure the battery is good. This is the longest it has sat and the weather has been brutally cold here so maybe that didn’t help as well. Today I’m going to start it and move it to its winter resting spot, I don’t see a ride coming for awhile here.
You can look for parasite by putting good fluke probes ( touch together 1st for stable #) in to the tiny holes on the back of any bayonet fuse. There's a lookup table out there and math to figure it out.

You can look for parasite by putting good fluke probes ( touch together 1st for stable #) in to the tiny holes on the back of any bayonet fuse. There's a lookup table out there and math to figure it out.
Off subject but while thinking of it I picked. this up but without instruction. The 1, 2, 3 toggles have me confused. I’m pretty sure the dials are launching and then racing

Finally got around to going over this 85 and doing minor fixes. It's ready to go to a new home now.

Attachments

• 20220302_123140.jpg
    20220302_123140.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220302_123134.jpg
    20220302_123134.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220302_123125.jpg
    20220302_123125.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220301_174220.jpg
    20220301_174220.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220301_174212.jpg
    20220301_174212.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220301_174209.jpg
    20220301_174209.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220301_174149.jpg
    20220301_174149.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220301_174203.jpg
    20220301_174203.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220301_174142.jpg
    20220301_174142.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220301_174138.jpg
    20220301_174138.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 25
We picked up what we thought was a zx6r for beth and when I finally got around to working on it found out it's a ZX9R!! Bonus!! But it's bare right now and was a repo. I got it together and running enough to put it on the dyno this weekend.

Sean

Damon Ferrio and I and another friend pulled a motor out of one this morning and Damon took it back to Michigan with him for repair and then after they left I put a new motor in a different customers bike by myself. I have to take a couple weeks off again now . My sister in law passed away this morning so I am off to Texas again Sunday or Monday.

Attachments

• 20220304_132624.jpg
    20220304_132624.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 18
Damon Ferrio and I and another friend pulled a motor out of one this morning and Damon took it back to Michigan with him for repair and then after they left I put a new motor in a different customers bike by myself. I have to take a couple weeks off again now . My sister in law passed away this morning so I am off to Texas again Sunday or Monday.
Sorry to hear about the sis Kyle.
Stay safe on the trip.
Hope to see where ya pick up
when you get back.

Very sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for your loss.
I appreciate it been keeping a close eye on those Boys. They are kids well 22 and 17 but even still that’s young to loose your daddy after pumping his chest for 15 minutes waiting for EMTs just incredible. I don’t credit it to the you know what from you know who but it was a week after he got that you know what the world has been pushing

Kroger has bike parking on side walk next to the door. As I’m leaving the little boy that happens to have down syndrome walks out with his momma and goes nuts laughing and pointing the bike was running and oh the sound of this thing. He says Whight Um Hope Wight Um Up!!!!! I had my helmet on so couldn’t talk to him. What else then Roll Out Grab the brake lever and slowed rolled it the length of the building. Everybody in that parking lot thought I was the big Son Bitch Jerk on the planet. Except the little boy and his momma. Can’t go back there for a min.View attachment 82745
Gotta love it, if only YAMA had just reworked and tweaked the 1ST Gen!!

Yesterday I foam bombed my bike, my son has some kinda soap cannon that goes on my pressure washer. It works really well, soaped it up and sprayed it off along with any salt. Today I rode it for 50 miles as of now, beautiful out but a little windy. Probably going to need a new rear tire soon.

Back