What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay yea Cool not too too far. I’m trying to find a Traller that’s road worthy to haul the bike I have a Topper for my Titan I’m going to travel region this spring and summer to ride some different road mayb we can by a ride in sometimes

Lazy again today my good ole 3 time broken back and neck has not been liking me for some reason. I changed a couple tires and pulled off a new style flywheel to put an old style on then realized I was out of new starter clutch bolts and kind of piddled around a bit after that.

Attachments

• 20220208_095203.jpg
    20220208_095203.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 20220208_094659.jpg
    20220208_094659.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 28
Lazy again today my good ole 3 time broken back and neck has not been liking me for some reason. I changed a couple tires and pulled off a new style flywheel to put an old style on then realized I was out of new starter clutch bolts and kind of piddled around a bit after that.
Stout looking puller. Tell me more. 😀

Boy gotdam thats one hell of a giter-done puller, zip tied to keep it out of orbit too.
I can fully understand the need for the bulk of that plate and use of a breaker bar instead of an impact.
Mine popped and launched so loud my hands were shaking when I put the impact down.
Though the "Launch" was only a foot or so away from the bike I had to refocus and assess the scene for anything broken LOL.
Luckily just a little scary is all it was.

Boy gotdam thats one hell of a giter-done puller, zip tied to keep it out of orbit too.
I can fully understand the need for the bulk of that plate and use of a breaker bar instead of an impact.
Mine popped and launched so loud my hands were shaking when I put the impact down.
Though the "Launch" was only a foot or so away from the bike I had to refocus and assess the scene for anything broken LOL.
Luckily just a little scary is all it was.
I just like the gear to be zip tied so the rollers & springs don't go everywhere & I still use an Impact.

I still use an Impact
Air impact?

I just snapped my last #2 phillips impact tip for my hand impact tool, and I ordered a dozen Lisle #2 phillips tips from Home Depot, but three days later they refunded my payment, "back-ordered." I drove 31 miles one-way to Ft. Lauderdale to buy some new ones I finally found by Port Everglades one of the busiest ports in the USA. The hardware store is McDondald's 245 SW 24 St. Ft. Lauderdale FL (on State Rd. 84, just west of US-1). I go there to buy SS fasteners, they have a large selection because of the proximity to the Port and its marine industry. If you're in this neck of the woods and you haven't been there, you will be pleasantly surprised. Closed Sundays.

Last edited:
Air impact?

I just snapped my last #2 phillips impact tip for my hand impact tool, and I ordered a dozen Lisle #2 phillips tips from Home Depot, but three days later they refunded my payment, "back-ordered." I drove 31 miles one-way to Ft. Lauderdale to buy some new ones I finally found by Port Everglades one of the busiest ports in the USA. The hardware store is McDondald's 245 SW 24 St. Ft. Lauderdale FL (on State Rd. 84, just west of US-1). I go there to buy SS fasteners, they have a large selection because of the proximity to the Port and its marine industry. If you're in this neck of the woods and you haven't been there, you will be pleasantly surprised. Closed Sundays.
Yep air impact never had an issue

Put some fork seals in my bike and robbed the like new Shinkos off mine and put on the Blue bike. I done a little measuring to see what spacers I need to make so i can put my 17 inch wheel on the front. I am just waiting on a new battery for the blue 89 and then it is about ready to hit the market .

Attachments

• 20220213_152235.jpg
    20220213_152235.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 20220213_152230.jpg
    20220213_152230.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220213_145640.jpg
    20220213_145640.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220213_135539.jpg
    20220213_135539.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 21
Put some fork seals in my bike and robbed the like new Shinkos off mine and put on the Blue bike. I done a little measuring to see what spacers I need to make so i can put my 17 inch wheel on the front. I am just waiting on a new battery for the blue 89 and then it is about ready to hit the market .
Ill bet my heart rate would drop, girlfriend look better, and life span would increase about 40 yrs. if I had a shop/cave and toys like Kyle's got!

Beautiful day in Cincinnati today? Started her up and everything was fine. A couple of miles into the ride and I noticed the tach needle was sitting at zero. What the heck would cause that?
Simple fix, search this site for a Vmax schematic.
I think our tach signal is off a grey wire at or about the #2 cylinder
coil plug. Something like that, but it is a simple circuit.

hello and good mornng. I am looking for an oil pressure gauge for my '86. the rebuild is getting close to the end. thanks for any tips or if you have a new one. I do like reading about the different projects, hey I can dream can't I. wayne
I think Cycle One Off is back up and running, nice bar mount gauge set. Email and see if he can get you one done this year.

Back