What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
85-92 will let you install the fender and fork brace with the wheel on. Slide in from the rear.

I have the aftermarket UFO. It's on, but maybe next time I will see if it will go on from the rear... I think I left a socket somewhere on the bike. I noticed it rolling along the road when I took of on the test run.. I walked the road for about 5 minutes looking for it... I really hate working in a 5x8 shed... Someday I will a have a 3 car garage to work in with AC....

New Michelin Commander II. Front end is as good as I can get it without USD and new rims. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433287698.493176.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433287738.492150.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433287715.325441.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433287715.325441.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 23
Rode to Philly in the rain. My speedometer had some freak out moments, but I'll work on that some other day. Also, the tab for the latch on one of my brand new-to-me Fatmax bags is somewhere on I-95.... I kept wondering why my jacket was flapping, but it was the lid flying open which released my frogg toggs bag as well. Nothing lost really, but that's some crappy hardware. I'll see if he'll send me a latch or fix it for me.

Well, THE GODDAMN THING FITS!
And it turns out, the custom brackets I was making... that was not the solution. I gave the mounting clamps CrackenRican sent me another try, and I found a combo that fit! Now, I just need to wake up my roomie and his gf, cause it seems you need to be Dr. Octopus just to get everything lined up and tightened down...

Since I ain't a Marvel supervillian, I need assistance lol

Rode to Vienna today to visit a motorcycle shop. It's sad I need to ride 2 hours away because there is nothing in Hungary. :confused2: Oh well.

Anyway, I purchased a new handlebar. The one I have now is for motorcross. It's too wide and straight. Not comfortable on long trips. Plus I think I may be inducing my high-speed wobble because of the increased leverage when using the clutch and throttle. The new one is angled back a little more.

Took this photo with the new bars strapped and duct-taped to the rear peg (like a good redneck). :biglaugh:

Rode to Vienna today to visit a motorcycle shop. It's sad I need to ride 2 hours away because there is nothing in Hungary. :confused2: Oh well.

Anyway, I purchased a new handlebar. The one I have now is for motorcross. It's too wide and straight. Not comfortable on long trips. Plus I think I may be inducing my high-speed wobble because of the increased leverage when using the clutch and throttle. The new one is angled back a little more.

Took this photo with the new bars strapped and duct-taped to the rear peg (like a good redneck). :biglaugh:

We around here in the country of Va call the handle bar a peace maker with out the bang !! :biglaugh:

spent Saturday replacing my front small turnsignals with a newer set. Still popping fuses.. I also forgot to look at how they were connected prior to the wiring harness.. Hopefully this picture from Python will help and it's not a short within the lights or somewhere else in my harness.... Also ordered a new Avon front tire this morning...

Attachments

• blinker hook up....jpg
    blinker hook up....jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 17
Bought my new tires today shinko 230's $148 for both. Went for the 170 in the back
Bike just failed inspection so it was time. 12k on the stock tires. Have new rims with Galfer rotors on them. Did 250+ miles sunday to western MA, North Adams. Love my Vmax....0-100 I hang with just about everyone

Got the replacement latch tab for my Fatmax bags and ordered new bars from Sean.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I had a pretty close encounter with some piece of crap on the Interstate at about 125 on the Black C.F. Max .

I had just finished bleeding the clutch line and took it out for a quick spin on I-20 , east of Atlanta , to confirm the clutch was in good shape. Took it up through the gears and took the 2nd exit down , turned off at the the exit , waited in traffic for a couple minutes and a soft tail H.D. pulled alongside of me at the light. He said I think your rear tire is low. I thanked him and headed toward a service station about 2 miles down the road. Sure enough it was damn low . Filled it up and sprinted back toward the garage. After about 5 minutes I pulled into the garage and 5 minutes later it was f-l-a-t . Tire probably has less that 2K on it but I don't trust plugs on a VMax.

Attachments

• VMax '98 Flat Michelin   8.jpg
    VMax '98 Flat Michelin 8.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 77
I had a pretty close encounter with some piece of crap on the Interstate at about 125 on the Black C.F. Max .

I had just finished bleeding the clutch line and took it out for a quick spin on I-20 , east of Atlanta , to confirm the clutch was in good shape. Took it up through the gears and took the 2nd exit down , turned off at the the exit , waited in traffic for a couple minutes and a soft tail H.D. pulled alongside of me at the light. He said I think your rear tire is low. I thanked him and headed toward a service station about 2 miles down the road. Sure enough it was damn low . Filled it up and sprinted back toward the garage. After about 5 minutes I pulled into the garage and 5 minutes later it was f-l-a-t . Tire probably has less that 2K on it but I don't trust plugs on a VMax.

Sorry dude. That sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wired my front turnsignals correctly. Previous owner had them wired wrong, had the hyper flashing for 7 years. I also orderd the Avon AM 26 for my front tire since you can not get the vemoms anymore. Not happy with weather forcast for the next week. Not sure I will get too much riding prior to Thunder at this rate..

A pair of 10x1.25x50mm bolts, a pair of brass spacers, 8 washers, (6 for spacing purposes) and some angle iron cur to fit... and the GPS mounting bracketry is under way. Once I finish making this mount, I just need to wire in a power supply.
11391337_10205854415454908_1306460138049672051_n.jpg

I saw your comment on the flat Michelin and thought about some of my tire issues in decades of riding, on and offroad.
attachment.php

Here's a shot of a friend's tire from his H-D, he wanted to know if the shop was gonna warranty the tire. One shot is the tread and how it delaminated, then a shot of the 'bubble' separation on the inside of the tire, dismounted from the wheel, and the last is how the rubber detached and turned into a column of hot rubber. Signs of a classic case of riding on a deflated tire. If you're on a cruiser which has a stiff-sidewalled tire, and you're not a veteran rider, you may not recognize the deterioration from a partially-deflated tire, especially if you aren't used to leaning it in the curves. On a sportbike, you should be able to see the tire's low before you start the bike, before you ride, same goes for your ride on any bike, check basic functions before you ride off. I've given the eyeball to a tire, and thought it looked OK only to turn around and return from the end of the block because it's obviously not handling as though it's fully-inflated.

Tubed tires usually don't have stiff sidewalls, so a low-in-air tube should be pretty-apparent.

I had just replaced my KZ1000J's rear tire w/my favorite tire at the time (this is back in the mid-1980's) a Dunlop K391, and went to the bank to do business. When I came out of the bank, I looked at my bike, and thought, "sure does look low!" How could that be? I had just changed it that week, and probably didn't have 100 miles on it.

When I climbed onto the bike and started out, "whoa!!!" Yes, it was flat, and it was the stiff sidewalls which kept the tubeless tire from being more-flat. Luckily, I was about a mile from home, so I took sidestreets to return home. Upon breaking down the wheel and tire, I found what appeared to be a brand-new Sears Craftsman 5/32" L-shaped allen wrench inside the tire. I found where the allen key had penetrated the tread, leaving a very inconspicuous puncture. My bad luck. I bit the bullet and bought another tire immediately. I still have the ^%$#@!** allen key.

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 117.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 117.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 12
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 118.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 118.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 12
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 116.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 116.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 13
We'll Ronnie Lott it for ya !!

During a late-season game against the Dallas Cowboys, Lott targeted the opposing fullback. However, before he was able to prepare himself, the fullback's helmet smashed Lott's pinkie against his chest, breaking bone and tearing flesh. Lott finished that game and also played the final match-up after taping the finger.
During the off-season, Lott had the option of surgery to repair his pinkie, but that would likely have required missing some games. An amputation would have a quicker recovery, and Lott made that choice. He later expressed disappointment with his decision.

Latest posts

Back