What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my new shinko 170 80 15 mounted and put my new Galfer rotor on the back with dp pads. Looks good! Stops better. All ready for Laconia this weekend!

Unboxed my new gps, new windshield, and driving lights. Install starts tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Windshield mounts are complete. GPS mount nearly complete. Gotta finish up the CB mounts now, power for GPS and CB, antenna, and hard bags.

Goin through a LOT of dremmel cutting wheels making all these brackets.

Unboxed my new gps, new windshield, and driving lights. Install starts tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Pics of what you got, please XD

Just ordered a Michelin commander II 170/80/15, Hope it fits. heading up to pull the rear wheel off for my first time.

Matt

I put the Dyna #2 advance curve in my Ignatech ECU. The acceleration factor was very noticeable. The throttle is just snappier now. I've got to credit Traumahawk-Eric with doing the dyno work for us, and explaining to me in detail, the inner workings of part throttle and our timing/vacuum relationship.
Steve-o

They come off easily, Matt. Getting them back on can sometimes be a pain. Lots of tips on this forum, if you have trouble.
Cheers!

When I put the new exhaust system on, I removed the center stand as well. Thought it was a cleaner look and a bit less weight again. I was short on time today so I'll start in the morning with the removal and how to support the bike. I'll check the forum for tips on both removal and install, thanks.

Matt

When I put the new exhaust system on, I removed the center stand as well. Thought it was a cleaner look and a bit less weight again. I was short on time today so I'll start in the morning with the removal and how to support the bike. I'll check the forum for tips on both removal and install, thanks.

Matt

I had my centerstand off for the same reasons - but only for a very short time.
That sucker comes in so handy, for most every type of maintenance, especially around the back end!
So it went back on, minus the landing tabs, which tended to scrape on my MC turntable. Doesn't help that I've lowered the bike 1 1/2", front and rear.
The shorter shocks (if you have them), and stock exhaust makes rear wheel removable a tad more complicated, since you have to remove the shocks completely in order to get the clearance needed to remove the axle. But there are ways around that as well!
In any event, rear wheel removal is something you don't do too often. Good luck with yours.
Cheers!

Got my new to me black side covers today from Dave. Thanks a bunch!

Attachments

• CAM00321.jpg
    CAM00321.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 18
I increased the gaps on the spark plugs to .040 yesterday. The bike still starts instantly, and took it out today to check the mileage. Before I went a particular route...25% in town, and 75% highway.....and got 39.4 mpg. Today got 38.0 still following the same route. 1.4 mpg is basically nothing and can be caused by even getting on the throttle too hard.....so statistically, no difference.

When I talked to Gary....he did want me to keep an eye on the ignitech just to make certain that it isnt getting too hot. I do plan on keeping the gaps at .040 for a while, and see how the bike is doing. At idle, and part throttle....it is really crisp and clean.

I am running the ignitech, and unresistored COPS.

Matt
Here's a decent guide for removing the rear wheel:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55030067/How to Remove the Rear Wheel on a Gen 1 Vmax.pdf

As for the center stand,
I took mine off and just keep it in my garage for when I need it.
It only takes about a minute or two to throw it back on when needed.

I won the Motorcycle tire give away at a local bike night.
It's only good for a Dunlop tire so I'm going to get a free Dunlop F20 110/90-18.
I prefer a Bridgestone Battlax BT-45V but for free I certainly won't complain.
I was going to have to order a new front tire within the next few days.
So, winning this give away made my day, week and month !
:punk: :biglaugh: :eusa_dance: :biglaugh: :punk:

My CB is mounted finally... next. Get the antenna mounted, get the trunk from Starting Line, and make a mount for my cupholder.

1496654_10205911103472073_2960959547035184942_n.jpg

11062311_10205911103112064_4605142051839448488_n.jpg

Took the rear wheel off, very easy. Put the center stand back on like Dennis suggested, Doh! the whole thing took ten minutes. I get the new tire on Tuesday, hopefully putting back on will be as simple.

Matt

I went from 1st clip on the blunt end, to the 2nd clip. After gapping the plugs at .040, at 3500 rpm, as I left off of the throttle I would get just a light pop every so often, so I think that I'm lean.

After putting the clip on the 2nd groove, the throttle response is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMg79-a_Ago

Sounds Great Eric !!!!

Many thanks my friend. I had just gotten back from a ride....and feels amazing. I can get to 5th gear at 2500 rpm....go full throttle, and it doesnt bog or sputter. Now it take a moment for the RPMs to climb...but thats natural.

Many thanks my friend. I had just gotten back from a ride....and feels amazing. I can get to 5th gear at 2500 rpm....go full throttle, and it doesnt bog or sputter. Now it take a moment for the RPMs to climb...but thats natural.
Nice,
I'm glad to hear all your hard work paid off !!!

Attachments

• DSCF5532.jpg
    DSCF5532.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF5528.jpg
    DSCF5528.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF5526.jpg
    DSCF5526.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF5525.jpg
    DSCF5525.jpg