What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be able to. They will be hella short ones lol. I'm still in the fab process, but I will post updated pics soon. I had to have the upsweep. Just took away from the bikes signature with them just straight back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1, much better with the upsweep, looks more aggressive and seems to work with the bikes lines better.

Painted the screens in the radiator covers and painted the side covers to match and done a few other small things. I think I am done painting now.

Nice detail. Very cool

Today I flushed the front and rear brake fluid, and the clutch as well. From the looks of the fluid I would say it had never been changed.

Attachments

• 20161224_171730.jpg
    20161224_171730.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 31
Yuk I think and today we took the max out along the seafront testing the led light where the seat reflector was-all very good

So true Kyle. I'm thinking about doing the front brake upgrade to the 6 pot Sumitomo Calipers, but I want to make sure my system is as good as it can be first. This Vmax sure doesn't stop as quick as my V65 Magna. But I guess I don't expect to would since it is heavier.

'To' and 'for' your VMax. Grammer funny thing it is. So what did I do 'for' my VMax? Started the motor and drove it in 20degree weather. 'For' that is better 'for' the fuel sitting in the bowls than not riding or starting my VMax.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

What I did to AND for my Vmax today:

1. Gave it a whore bath due to riding home in the rain last week.
(Used my Toro leaf blower to dry it off - been doing that for a few years with my Harley)

2. Fixed the cheap eBay quartz clock, but broke the stem wheel off. (Hemostats to the rescue)

3. Used some "Back to Black" on the scoops, air filter lid and hoses.

4. Finally got that black instrument dash I've been looking for!

Before:

ndvc7b.jpg

After:

14l20t1.jpg

5. Went for a ride :)

re-cleared my fenders and Exactrep faux tank, got my shocks from sean, swapped the washer and my rear wheel magically looks way more centered, started the design work for my scoops and license plate holder.

Looking forward to seeing that.....cleaned mine today and measured up for trim around the led saddle lightIMG_4497.jpgIMG_4499.jpgIMG_4505.jpg

Imported from California but US spec and determined to keep it as previous keeper!

Finally got my back tire for the 95 and took the back wheel off and cleaned it up and cleaned the supertrap up. I took it for a 25 mile ride today. It rides nice but needs a little tuning.

Attachments

• 20170103_170513.jpg
    20170103_170513.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 20170103_170427.jpg
    20170103_170427.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 21
Got it inspected. Rode it about twenty miles weaving all over the place on the highway, and decided that I needed to check my steering bearings when I got home. wouldn't you know, I could set my bars anywhere in the travel and they'd stay there. Those nuts must have been really tight. It makes me wonder if that's why I'd been having the weird turning left problems since I brought it up here to Virginia. Anyway. I might get to try out my heated gloves tomorrow if I go test my steering bearing adjustment to see if it fixes my problems. Also, I didn't let my clear job cure enough (not that it could in the temps we've been having) so my cover made some nice little compression marks in my super glossy clear coat. I'll sand it in the spring. I was just really happy to go ride today. My Tenere makes good power, and is certainly not slow (ask Redbone), but the V-Max is just such a different beast. It felt tiny while I was riding it.

Stay safe out there, guys.

Back