What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, new tires (shinko 777s) today, and I topped up the oil. Still have 75 miles to go until I feel comfortable on the new tires... I accidentally purchased some rotella 10w30, going to flush with it and put in some 15w40. Thankfully, it's cheap! I feel like if I go through the gallon in a week or so, I can flush the engine without using any products which could damage the seals.
Let us know how you like the 777’s. I just put 230’s on mine and I have like 20 miles on them. No time to ride 🤬

As soon as I turn the key to on, it blows the fuse. I may have pinched a wire pulling the fuel pump and carbs. Gonna go into it AGAIN.
I bet muny he pinched that fuel pump wire during fuel pump/carb install.
If your harness is clean then that'd be all you pinched, if it looks like mine
then ya better go back in, check below and in front of the rack around the Vboost.

Let us know how you like the 777’s. I just put 230’s on mine and I have like 20 miles on them. No time to ride 🤬
Well, it had 777s when I got them, the front tire was 10 years old and still had a good ammount of tread... overall, the ride still feels "off" but has improved markedly. Going to try out some balance beads, next week perhaps

This is a strange one.
Ive tan out the carbs (twice!) and don't recall what there being any wiring that is nearby, other than having to move the left hand panel that contains the relays, out of the way.

Undo the plug to the vboost so all is quiet.

When its dark, tun on the key and you may see a spark or hear it.

PS ignore what I said about the battery, you're not getting to that point.

It could be a problem in the switch itself.
Well I did rewire the Stator wiring when doing the starter clutch (Which by the way still does a lot of clattering). Didn't like what I found. But I did a one wire to other, one at a time. Can't be that. But I did almost burn down my car last year doing my own wiring so....?:mad: I'm taking a day off on the 2-timing Bit--h for now. Vmax 101 is getting kind of tiresome.

Attachments

• P8050018.JPG
    P8050018.JPG
    323.6 KB · Views: 12
Well, steady as she goes...

Shot of reflector at this angle..

20210814_164344.jpg

Then with running light on..(hard 2 see how green it is...)

20210814_181343.jpg

I thi k thats right..
Ill post vid when its proppa..

T$

Last edited:
OK, so if you unplug that connector does it still blow?

I assume you have twisted one of the plugs around (and its probably only possible to fit it one way? ) for the photo because if you try to push them together as in your photo, the wiring ends up back to front.

Well, steady as she goes...

Shot of reflector at this angle..

View attachment 79015

Then with running light on..(hard 2 see how green it is...)

View attachment 79017

I thi k thats right..
Ill post vid when its proppa..

T$
Since nobody else will, I'll say it.

You put Kawasaki green on a Yamaha Vmax? That's a 15 yard penalty and loss of down.

There. It's been said. ;)

OK, so if you unplug that connector does it still blow?

I assume you have twisted one of the plugs around (and its probably only possible to fit it one way? ) for the photo because if you try to push them together as in your photo, the wiring ends up back to front.
Thats been cut out and all 3 have single plugs now.

Since nobody else will, I'll say it.

You put Kawasaki green on a Yamaha Vmax? That's a 15 yard penalty and loss of down.

There. It's been said. ;)

Lol. Pics dont do it justice..indoors at least. Its actually pearl..(which i never really liked.) Its called..are ya sitting.. Lambo Lime. So technically I guess its still not a Yamaha color. But really, whos gonna repaint a factory color unless its a restore? Not me. ;)

T$

When are we going to see a full body shot?

Now. Finally finished assembly yesterday.
Woulda been much quicker if I wasn't adding the rad cover LEDs etc.

As you might guess by the wash bucket, I had to shine up the rest of the bike, as it was dusty and cobwebby from sitting.

She did fire right up within 4 seconds of cranking. 👍 1st start of the year....

1.jpg

3.jpg

Cant appreciate the CBR light under the fender from here..

4.jpg

And then a late afternoon shot..

As the keen eye might tell, the mirrors have now been adjusted. I had to make some changes to the bar angle as to not hit the "tank" on a full lock right turn..like before (when she was spray can orange, years ago).

5.jpg

I'll get more photos when I get to more scenic views rather than my garbage cans.. 🤣 🤦‍♂️

T$

Well, it had 777s when I got them, the front tire was 10 years old and still had a good ammount of tread... overall, the ride still feels "off" but has improved markedly. Going to try out some balance beads, next week perhaps

Can you explain what ya mean by that?

I got a 777 on the back, only have 3 miles on it, from a trip to the gas station, so its hard to say how it feels compared to the Metzler I had prior.

I replaced my head bearings before riding on the 777, so my ride is many times better (well, from what I could tell in 3 miles anyway). 🤣

T$

Now. Finally finished assembly yesterday.
Woulda been much quicker if I wasn't adding the rad cover LEDs etc.

As you might guess by the wash bucket, I had to shine up the rest of the bike, as it was dusty and cobwebby from sitting.

She did fire right up within 4 seconds of cranking. 👍 1st start of the year....

View attachment 79059

View attachment 79060

Cant appreciate the CBR light under the fender from here..

View attachment 79061

And then a late afternoon shot..

As the keen eye might tell, the mirrors have now been adjusted. I had to make some changes to the bar angle as to not hit the "tank" on a full lock right turn..like before (when she was spray can orange, years ago).

View attachment 79062

I'll get more photos when I get to more scenic views rather than my garbage cans.. 🤣 🤦‍♂️

T$
Wait let me get my Sun Glasses.... Looks really nice. They'll see and here ya coming.... 😁

Latest posts

Back