What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been buildin' my own custom Broadsword Sissy Bar (Need a better term for that - Sissy just does not work for me) out of my collection of sharp shiny things.... only drew blood, well, a couple of times!!!

I see it as a Blood Sacrifice to the God of Motorcycles...... Vmax....

That's awesome! :punk: I'd keep it removable so I could stab idiot cagers with it.

Been buildin' my own custom Broadsword Sissy Bar (Need a better term for that - Sissy just does not work for me) out of my collection of sharp shiny things.... only drew blood, well, a couple of times!!!

Nice work. I think this is going to draw more than blood though. I was thinking that it's probably going to draw A LOT OF ATTENTION FROM THE CONSTABULARY! :hammer bash:

In Texas, it has to be a readily available hand instrument to be considered a weapon... so with it bolted I think I am safe on that end....... but I will have to be careful cornering sharply in the city.... or I may skewer a few joggers..... SHISH KABOBS ala AUSTINITE!!!

:punk:

Looks kinda wild midevil almost. I would hate to think if you ever went down and that thing hooked you.

Years ago (around 1968) when I was living in El Paso, a guy with one of the tall pitchfork sissybars crashed. The sissybar pierced his chest. I don't know if he survived but they left it in him till they got to the hospital and could cut it. They had a big deal about it on the local TV news. I had a tall pointed sissybar on my BSA 650 but decided to get rid of it after that.

I finally got started on my own 1500 engine. Will be setting the cams tonight if I have enough of the underbucket shims. Hope to get a little riding in on it before Topeka. I am hoping for 180rwhp or so to the rear wheel! I do know the gearing will let it go over 200mph if it makes enough HP.

Sean

how's this for economic stimulation? dont know about the economy, other than it sucks, but i'm sure stimulated. forgot to order the steering head bearings, so bike is still in the shop waiting for the new 05 r1 front end and a few other goodies to be installed. they were however able to do the rear end work! picking it up tomorrow. do you think this will improve the ride?

later odieoh24

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 18
Spent about an hour cleaning her up (which I do every time before I ride her ) Can't stand the bugs and dust on her.
Then me an my wife rode to town to pick up some more 6mm chrome button heads for the max. Got about seven kidney punches on the way every time the max wants to streach her legs the wife wants to give a few in the side. Rode back home installed the button heads.:eusa_dance:

I tore it down to install the red lights in the gauges and promptly dropped a 10mm bolt between the radiator and the engine so now the radiator has to come off...:bang head:

I am also setting up the L.E.D. lighting and stuffing the control module under the rear seat.

It should come out pretty clean and all the lights will be hidden from view.

Ok, I finished the broadsword Sissy bar today without any more bloodshed. I painted the sword and crosspieces sort of a metallic fleck Mercedes Gray with silver for the centerpiece holding it all to gether to disguise the bolts. My friend the welder said welding stainless steel would be a bugger and the bolts hold it just fine.

So there it is, in all it's glory!!! The wife says I am suicidal and wants to be sure I am insured. My daughter, spawnette, says it looks awesome....

Attachments

• sword1.jpg
    sword1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 17
  • sword2.jpg
    sword2.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 18
  • sword3.jpg
    sword3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 37
Ok, I finished the broadsword Sissy bar today without any more bloodshed. I painted the sword and crosspieces sort of a metallic fleck Mercedes Gray with silver for the centerpiece holding it all to gether to disguise the bolts. My friend the welder said welding stainless steel would be a bugger and the bolts hold it just fine.

So there it is, in all it's glory!!! The wife says I am suicidal and wants to be sure I am insured. My daughter, spawnette, says it looks awesome....

So the passenger gets impaled?

Putting the finishing touches on my project this week converting to a spin on oil filter.

Here are before and after pics.

Attachments

• cavi-lum066.jpg
    cavi-lum066.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 25
  • cavi-lum067.jpg
    cavi-lum067.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0105.jpg
    IMG_0105.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 33

Is somebody going to lean back on it?None flexable?

I think it looks pretty cool! I wonder if the cops are going to hassle you over it?

Well, I braced my swingarm today and finished machining brake disc carrier for the new wheel. Made a template for my rear tail mod and will get the bits organized to make it this week . :eusa_dance:

"Is somebody going to lean back on it? None flexable?"

It is actually self supporting and strong enough to lean back on with a bit of flex, but it is strictly for one up riding. I made it to be easily removed for when my daughter, Spawnette, wants to ride. Less than five minutes on or off. Corbin seat comes off, unbolt the sword sissy bar, seat back on. Done!

And yes... it looks dangerous.... isn't that what the Vmax is all about?!

I mean, really, who rides an overpowered, under braking, poor in the twisties Dragon of a bike like that!!!???

Oh, yeah.... I DO!!!!

:punk:

Rode about 200 miles with a friend on his GSXR1100. :eusa_dance:
I think I have quite a bit better acceleration, but he can overtake me after a bit.

Broke speedo cable I think. :confused2:

Went and watched sprints at the local racetrack.

Putting the finishing touches on my project this week converting to a spin on oil filter.

Here are before and after pics.

Hey Herc. That's nice looking ride. I've always thought the fat max look was very cool and the colour sets it off.

Space in my garage for one of them. What sort of $ for the complete conversion?

Well its definately something of a 1 off . Atleast if you get beaten at the lights you can rip it off and settle it .

:hammer bash:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back