What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i wet sanded buffed and hand polished my front rim and intake scoops.that was enough for today.i'll do the rear rim another day.the holiday weekend was crappy weather.sun just broke out.time to take a rip!:clapping:

82 looks like you did the stock exhaust mod how did it work out as far as sound and any roll on power loss

Yes I did the stock exhaust mod. Mainly cause I ride in traffic a lot. So I needed more sound to get noticed a little more. It worked out pretty good. Definitely get noticed more than stock.
I have not noticed any power loss as far my butt-dyno goes. But I've never had it on a dyno machine. The spark plugs look fine when I check them or change them. My A/F mixture screws are at 2 1/2. And except for a little carbon buildup on the end of the pipes I have not had any adverse issues. I'm planning on getting a full exhaust one day, when I have the funds.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Now I just gotta figure out whether I want black chrome or standard chrome for the scoops. And figure out what I'm going to do with the valve covers, thinking black chrome. Cause now the corrosion on those is bugging me. Then there's the paint scheme, still haven't figured out what color I want. And the rims seem to be getting a dull film color to them, so that is on the list too.
man... I hate being so indecisive! :confused2:

Yes I did the stock exhaust mod. Mainly cause I ride in traffic a lot. So I needed more sound to get noticed a little more. It worked out pretty good. Definitely get noticed more than stock.
I have not noticed any power loss as far my butt-dyno goes. But I've never had it on a dyno machine. The spark plugs look fine when I check them or change them. My A/F mixture screws are at 2 1/2. And except for a little carbon buildup on the end of the pipes I have not had any adverse issues. I'm planning on getting a full exhaust one day, when I have the funds.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
Now I just gotta figure out whether I want black chrome or standard chrome for the scoops. And figure out what I'm going to do with the valve covers, thinking black chrome. Cause now the corrosion on those is bugging me. Then there's the paint scheme, still haven't figured out what color I want. And the rims seem to be getting a dull film color to them, so that is on the list too.
man... I hate being so indecisive! :confused2:
thanks 82 for info

My mercury sync tool came in, so I washed, waxed the bike then synced the carbs. Holy shit were they off!

After getting them all on a level playing field and lowering my idle, I went for a 150mile ride. I averaged 36 mpg over all. Not to shabby considering I got after if a few times and was going about 70-85 on the highway.

It was a great 80 deg day. Thunderstorms are about to start so I'm going back to working on the last of the "Touring Alaska" articles for the mag.

Logged 460k this weekend , headed out to the farm to visit . Had my Cuz ride wingman on his 750 Katana, {looks like an ape riding a pit bike...lol}He's a big lad.
Tire's got smoky later that nite,..hehe.Lookin to get me a new metz before winter...,.....Heavy bugs on the way home fro mthe BBQ..green is not a flattering accent to the yellow..ugh. Then a rainy day home..love it .Took me an hour to get all the krusty slime off once the sun come out .
All in all a good two day outing....had to get it outta the system , I'm starting a turn around at work so there puttin us on 7 10's as of mon.,till the end of the month.
Riding will have to consist of to work , from work...but I'll take what I can get. ..
bye or now ,
Keep it shinny side up.

Last week actually. Pulled my slides out and removed the shims and back to stock except for two coils out of the springs

I'm now stock except for the srings cut 2 coils and DJ 160 mains, which I think are smaller than the stock Mik. 152.5"s. still running the original filter 9 years 35000 miles:ummm: i know, I just haven't gotten around to it.....

I rode up to my father in laws place at like 4 in the morning on the 5th so I kept it down to the speed limit or less 45-65mph and chilled because of cops and wildlife and a light fog/mist, plus these back roads are pitch dark, came back that Sunday in daytime running 70-100, mostly 75-80.

Never stopped for gas, never went on reserve.

Total miles between fillups 132
Second fillup gallons 2.88
MPG 45.83

I didn't think it was possible:eusa_dance:

I got my sissy bar from Exctrep cleaned up and ready for powder yesterday and dropped it off yesterday as well. I picked it up today finished and will install sometime this week.

Unfortunately they only sell them polished so I took a bench grinder to it (wire brush) and roughed it up to accept paint. I also welded the nuts to the plate so that I don't have to remove the rear seat to install and remove it. Quick and easy now!:eusa_dance:

Attachments

• IMG_0196.jpg
    IMG_0196.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0197.jpg
    IMG_0197.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0198.jpg
    IMG_0198.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 13
I got my sissy bar from Exctrep cleaned up and ready for powder yesterday and dropped it off yesterday as well. I picked it up today finished and will install sometime this week.

Unfortunately they only sell them polished so I took a bench grinder to it (wire brush) and roughed it up to accept paint. I also welded the nuts to the plate so that I don't have to remove the rear seat to install and remove it. Quick and easy now!:eusa_dance:

Is that a yammy that's been modified?

It has the excat same lines and contours as the Yamaha one except for the attachment method?

Is that a yammy that's been modified?

It has the excat same lines and contours as the Yamaha one except for the attachment method?

They may have modified one to work with their base plate but it comes with a plate that mounts where the reflector plate is behind the pillion pad and then this mounts to the plate as well as the stock reflector of the one they supply. I welded the nuts to the bracket to facilitate removal and install of the back piece and then had them both coated to match.

P.S. it works with the stock grab bar...

Nah, they're easy as long as someone doesn't snip the wires and then use black for positive and red for ground. :) Right Frank? WHASSSUP!?

Seriously, I added ring terminals and wired to back of instrument cluster. Red to brown, black to black and signal wire (usually yellow or white) to gray.

Copilot, I have one too.
It works great! Had mine for over a year. And even with all the bike washs and rain it still works perfectly!
I put a piece of electrical tape over the opening for the switches on it and keep the red rubber cap on it.
And yes, it is very easy to wire up to the back of your gauge cluster.

1) Cleaned up float bowl cover because Quarter got pissed off and beat the shit out of his.

2) Put new oil filler adapter on from Morley. Looks much better using that along with 1/2" heater hose for a breather.

3) Adjusted steering....again.

4) Changed rear diff fluid to BG product.

5) Topped off coolant with Toyota Factory Red.

6) Last week, installed Harlan shift light (Thanks Franky!)

7) Cleaned temp gage ground. Don't think the coolant was really 400*F :)

8) Drank a beer........

9) One more beer.....

10) Thought about Christie Brinkley naked after watching Vacation.

Busy week!

Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just pull a spark plug wire?

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back