What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been busy with the G/F and she said no to riding the bike until the sissy bar was installed.

my g/f said the same darn thing i laughed at her
idk maybe its me but i think if i have to pay attention and be cautious she should 2 it keeps her on her toes

She's not just anybody... I am actually losing interest in riding... It's not fun anymore and cars are becoming more interesting to me. I like to ride and and again but not all the time...:confused2:

:th_love031: Ahhh love of a woman will make a man think different of his toys.

:argue 1: I want you to go riding with me hunny "No way you put a sissy bar on the back of that beast and we will talk about it. Buttttt Hunny...

That night later in bed she tells you :notworki:

VMAX FORUMS CLASSIFIEDS

Yamaha VMAX For sale. GF says its me or the motorcycle.
Make offer...
4gasem

:th_love031: Ahhh love of a woman will make a man think different of his toys.

:argue 1: I want you to go riding with me hunny "No way you put a sissy bar on the back of that beast and we will talk about it. Buttttt Hunny...

That night later in bed she tells you :notworki:

VMAX FORUMS CLASSIFIEDS

Yamaha VMAX For sale. GF says its me or the motorcycle.
Make offer...
4gasem

Haha that had me chuckling.

Chris I know how you feeel, I just sold my '67 Dart project because I'm tired of wrenching on cars, and the bike thing is WAY easier and has the instant gratification thing versus the resto mod I was doing.

Haha that had me chuckling.

Chris I know how you feeel, I just sold my '67 Dart project because I'm tired of wrenching on cars, and the bike thing is WAY easier and has the instant gratification thing versus the resto mod I was doing.

No doubt on that man! That was the main reason I got out of the modified car thing real early in life.
You can go fast on a motorcycle with little money and work. Motorcycles dont tear up as much as cars.
Not sure they are easier to work on maybe lighter parts.

Oh you guys have this ALL wrong... I WANT my G/F to ride with me... So to do so I needed to put on a sissy bar to make her more comfy riding. See I love my G/F and have no issues making her happy which is why I bought the removable sissy bar.

Also, I wouldn't buy used up broken down cars... I would buy newer cars mod them for better handling, braking and power and use them on a road course and SCCA racing.

I plan on doing a bit of it to my G8 if it ever comes in...:bang head: 5 months and waiting... Looks like another 4 to go...:damn angry:

Chris

After doing newer cars it gets expensive to have them tuned after mods, or expensive getting stand alone or tuning software after the initial 30K for a new sport oriented car. I have a lot less in my bike with the purchase price included, in fact, WAY south of 10K and the bike runs damn good.

I'll end up with another car no doubt, it's in my blood. Just not for a few years.

FWIW, nothing wrong with getting an older car and making it your own. Less cookie cutter that way IMO.

I think it's funny to have even my 1500 with a sissy bar on it hauling butt down the road. I had one guy comment a few years ago in Eureka Springs about it. A few of us had seperated from the group to go faster. There were 2 zx10's and me hauling butt through the curves. They boys weren't losing me but I was working the bike for all it was worth. Another rider who had got caught in the middle of the group had to catch up, which took most of that round, was riding a FZ1. He told me later that he was wondering who in the hell was riding that fast with a Vmax then noticed the sissybar and said to himself - "That explains it - it's Sean".

Sean

After doing newer cars it gets expensive to have them tuned after mods, or expensive getting stand alone or tuning software after the initial 30K for a new sport oriented car. I have a lot less in my bike with the purchase price included, in fact, WAY south of 10K and the bike runs damn good.

I'll end up with another car no doubt, it's in my blood. Just not for a few years.

FWIW, nothing wrong with getting an older car and making it your own. Less cookie cutter that way IMO.

Yep... Never said it was cheap... I already have 1000 in parts for a car I haven't taken delivery on yet...:biglaugh: Exhaust, intake, heat soak reduction kit and soon to have 25% UD pulley and new ECM with tune and MSD Dash Hawk. Hell I thought if I have to wait this long to get it, I might as well start buying parts to mod it before it comes in... lol

The sickness carries on into my cars too... :eusa_dance:

Oh you guys have this ALL wrong... I WANT my G/F to ride with me... So to do so I needed to put on a sissy bar to make her more comfy riding. See I love my G/F and have no issues making her happy which is why I bought the removable sissy bar.

Also, I wouldn't buy used up broken down cars... I would buy newer cars mod them for better handling, braking and power and use them on a road course and SCCA racing.

I plan on doing a bit of it to my G8 if it ever comes in...:bang head: 5 months and waiting... Looks like another 4 to go...:damn angry:

Chris

You ordered the sissy bar that I have?You'll like how easy it is to get on and off.The biggest problem will be that you'll need to get it powder coated to match your bike.Once the bracket is installed to the bike it only takes 2 minutes to change over.

You ordered the sissy bar that I have?You'll like how easy it is to get on and off.The biggest problem will be that you'll need to get it powder coated to match your bike.Once the bracket is installed to the bike it only takes 2 minutes to change over.

Huh? :ummm:

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0201.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0200.jpg
    IMG_0200.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 22
Oh,I must have missed when you did that! Sorry! Looks good though,how about that kicken reflector that comes with it? LOL!I actually just put mine on last week.

HATE IT! I want a skinny long one like the stocker... It's too orange for my tastes so if I find a better one it'll go on.

I welded the nuts to the plate before installing it so it's SUPER easy to remove. I then had the whole lot coated mat black. The nice thing is the stock coating is PC so I just roughed it up a bit and he recoated over it. Looks pretty good.

Will a custom dynamics rear reflector plate work its curved to fit the fender same as the stock plate[but with a brake light] who cares if the curve meets the fender or not, mine doesnt looks kinda cool[for now!]

Attachments

• IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 26
Will a custom dynamics rear reflector plate work its curved to fit the fender same as the stock plate[but with a brake light] who cares if the curve meets the fender or not, mine doesnt looks kinda cool[for now!]

Not for me... The sissy bar bolts on under where that plate is.

I bought mine at www.exactrep.com but there are others that sell it for less... I think I paid 30 more than I could have... Still got it pretty quick and am VERY happy with it. All told I have 310.00 in it with the PC and all...

Went into the garage looked at my poorly max and sighed, got out one of my GS1000s ready to go to work, dont get me wrong I love Gs1000s had one sice 1978 but for sheer smileability the max is the best bike I've ever owned.

Had a cup of coffee, read the answers to a post I put up asking for help in locating a part and smiled for the first time in two weeks(my thanks to Buster and Sean) ,seems help may be at hand and me and my Max can get back to doing what we do best smiling at car drivers on the commuter rat run cause it worries them soooo much they just cant understand why I'm smiling.

Before I go I must say the technical information and "how to " information on this site is fantastic.

Hope you all have a good day and ride safe

Went into the garage looked at my poorly max and sighed, got out one of my GS1000s ready to go to work, dont get me wrong I love Gs1000s had one sice 1978 but for sheer smileability the max is the best bike I've ever owned.

Had a cup of coffee, read the answers to a post I put up asking for help in locating a part and smiled for the first time in two weeks(my thanks to Buster and Sean) ,seems help may be at hand and me and my Max can get back to doing what we do best smiling at car drivers on the commuter rat run cause it worries them soooo much they just cant understand why I'm smiling.

Before I go I must say the technical information and "how to " information on this site is fantastic.

Hope you all have a good day and ride safe

A Vmax in London traffic??? DAMN! You're a better man than I!

Today I reset my A/F screws at 2 3/4 turns out and sync'd the carbs. Took her for a short spin and she's running great! Then cleaned her all up for tomorrows run, the 2nd annual Gary Kittle motorcycle awareness run. Gary is a good guy who lost his leg to a left turner about 3 years ago. He will be riding also. Hoping for 50-75 bikes, mostly Harleys but that's ok, I'll let them tag along. :biglaugh:

dan

Furber fix & adjusted bracket for raptor shiftlight so it points directly at my bean ( I'm 5' 11"). Also adjusted headlight using the 17/2 rule (it was way off).

Attachments

• IMG_0121.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0122.jpg
    IMG_0122.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg