What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's beautiful here today, and I'm not going to work tonight on account of a vision problem (can't see myself working).

I'mma go spend the morning destroying a perfectly good rear tire

Here's the black speedo cover Dan-o gave me. Thanks Dan!

img006Large.jpg

img007Large.jpg

OMW to go buy a damn screw extractor because my master cylinder screws aren't coming off for love nor money. It never ends.

Flushed my clutch, even tho it obviously didn't need it. :p

That looks about as dirty as mine was! The weird thing is, only a few weeks after the whole flushing, it's all looking dark n dirty in there again :ummm:

The front brakes M/C otoh, is looking as clean inside as the day I flushed it.

Oh yea, today I got 110 miles for the first time ever b4 the reserve light came on!! :clapping::punk::eusa_dance:

That looks about as dirty as mine was! The weird thing is, only a few weeks after the whole flushing, it's all looking dark n dirty in there again :ummm:

The front brakes M/C otoh, is looking as clean inside as the day I flushed it.

Oh yea, today I got 110 miles for the first time ever b4 the reserve light came on!! :clapping::punk::eusa_dance:

It's probably all the accumulated crab in the line breaking loose. If it hasn't been flushed in years, that happens. You might have to flush the system 3-4 times over a couple of months to get it clean.

FWIW, I bought a miti-vac and tried that abortion for the first time. What a piece of crap. for the same $30 I could have bought spare master covers on fleabay and tapped em for 1/8" valves for positive pressure flushing like we used to do when I was coming up on those old cheap UJM's.

I'm ordering a set of speed bleeders and going back to doing it my way.

I got 131 miles before I filled up, the light came on near 120 miles I think. But that was summer of 2007, spring 2008 I drilled holes in the tank, err exhaust pipes and never saw ~110 miles before the light came on. For some reason I think I'm running a tad rich....:confused2:

One of two things then bro...
cure your righthanditis disease :biglaugh:
or bring it down here and lets swap out your air jets and sync it :eusa_dance:

I was totally going to do that Sunday, but I was ambushed by a poker game.

I think most of the problem is in my wrist tho, I do ride like a jackass.

I am kinda wondering why I have good gas mileage... still with no sync since I've owned it in 6/07. I still have the brass plugs in! I am ordering a carbtune and will sync it up after I put on Mark's exhaust system and then again when I have the Sean's jet kit installed. I wonder if it will seem like a new bike?
:confused2:

It's probably all the accumulated crab in the line breaking loose. If it hasn't been flushed in years, that happens. You might have to flush the system 3-4 times over a couple of months to get it clean.

FWIW, I bought a miti-vac and tried that abortion for the first time. What a piece of crap. for the same $30 I could have bought spare master covers on fleabay and tapped em for 1/8" valves for positive pressure flushing like we used to do when I was coming up on those old cheap UJM's.

I'm ordering a set of speed bleeders and going back to doing it my way.

You should have bought the metal migty-vac. I got the Silverline kit from Sears... Made IN THE USA!!!!
Used it to completely flush and bleed the brakes on my Silverado.
Works GReat!

I was totally going to do that Sunday, but I was ambushed by a poker game.

I think most of the problem is in my wrist tho, I do ride like a jackass.

This sunday is out of the question unless you want to bring it down before the superbowl, saturday might work though.

Oh yeah forgot one other thing, get rid of those cobras, they arent helping either. :biglaugh:

Back on topic, what didnt I do to my Vmax today would be easier to list for me right now.

In the middle of a carb job, fabbing up a new radiator, painting calipers, having my intake powdercoated black to match the engine, will be putting on new hoses soon, having exhaust bungs welded into each individual pipe and replacing a shit load of fastners with pretty chrome ones.

Gonna be awhile before I can ride. Now I know what you guys feel like when you are snowed in.:bang head:

I sent the top half of the motor in to the machine shop for boring to .25 mm over. Been waiting months for this to happen. WOO HOO, feels like I'm gonna be able to ride this spring.:clapping:

Sent my scoops and sidecovers to Sean for chroming. :eusa_dance:
Looking forward to seeing the finshed product!

Got my exhaust back yesterday with 4 individual O2 ports welded in. My gosh, my 11 year old daughter could have done a better job. Now I have to take it to a real weld shop and see if they can make it prettier. Should have done that the first time

Took Max to "Bike Night" with a local M/C I am on prospect for. With all the clubs that showed up we had over 200 bikes on the curb and I have to say in a sort of egomaniacal "look at me" sort of way it was pretty near having the only V-Max there in a sea of Hogs and Yamacruisers (I think I counted no less than nine Warriors, buncha Raiders as well.).

Every now and then I'd hear someone out on the sidewalk "Hey, check it out, a V-max!", then I make the smug face and chuckle in my coffee. Funny how thirty thousand dollars of chrome and ghost flames doesn't get the same attention as a pair of poorly cast aluminum scoops. Can't wait for the next one.

I got a good deal on a 5" 2 cyl tach with a shiftlight (under $50) so I bought it. I have to skuff it and paint it black to match the bike, but at least the white faced gauge matches the others.

so it looks like I'll be selling my Raptor shift light and handlebar mount.

After looking through various sportbike forums, I bought a digital spedo/computer. The price was right so if it dosn't work out for me its no big deal. I'm going to mount it on the handlebar clamp.

http://www.obairlann.net/reaper/motorcycle/ninja/bc800/

Attachments

• BC1200_06.jpg
    BC1200_06.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 17
  • d_321.jpg
    d_321.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back