What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No wrenching today...I warmed up '99' and went for a 40 mile ride. Little chilly, but certainly not enough to send me back home....never that chilly. On the way back home the fuel light came on so I scooted into the nearest station to top off. On the way in to pre-pay I saw somethin, out of the corner of my eye, being blown into my path. I glanced down, thinking it was prolly a leaf, but it was a $20 bill!! Without missing a step I scooped it up and went inside and handed it to the kid saying...."pre-pay pump 1"

When it was time to select a gasoline grade I thought, maybe today I'll give her hi-test, why not! :eusa_dance:

All in all, a nice day!! :clapping:

Oh it's nice...it's really nice. I put on the used Corbin and it's right for me. I think Sean's seats are better for 90% of folks out there, but the Corbin puts me up higher on the frame and cradles my big 'ole butt (we're talking white chick with a major ghetto booty here) and is a great improvement.

This used seat is carbon-fiber look, so is the paint. It's tres chic, AND remarkably comfy. Now if my rearsets from Boxenstopp would ever arrive...

Oh it's nice...it's really nice. I put on the used Corbin and it's right for me. I think Sean's seats are better for 90% of folks out there, but the Corbin puts me up higher on the frame and cradles my big 'ole butt (we're talking white chick with a major ghetto booty here) and is a great improvement.

This used seat is carbon-fiber look, so is the paint. It's tres chic, AND remarkably comfy. Now if my rearsets from Boxenstopp would ever arrive...

:ttiwwp:

Of the seat of course:) Glad you upgraded the stock ass breaker. I'm in the 90% group with Sean's Seat. Enjoy the upgrade

NewSeat003.jpg

Didn't do diddly squat to Snowmax, but did a ton of work to Veebooster's max. We installed solid motor mounts, installed a new notched/braced swingarm, and a new set of Progressive 440 shocks w/C.O.O. shock toppers. Oh yeah and I rejetted the bike too. Going to put the exhaust back on in the morning and if I am lucky will get to take it for a spin around town just to get my Vmax fix. Oh, and I now have a set of 12.5" Progressive 418 shocks for sale. PM me if interested.

2.5 hrs to blast off!! Don't wanna wake the neighbours.....and when Jim wakes up.

Dale

Just got back in from a ride...... froze parts off I didn't even know I had. Thx Veebooster for letting me out on your Max!!!! Nice to get on two wheels again. Snowmax gets reassembled next week then off to the show!!

Pics of the faux carbon fiber seat with the faux carbon fiber paint set.

DSC04126.jpg

DSC04128.jpg

Maybe I won't paint it magenta after all...

Smoked the following bikes in a drag race all while on a 3-hour ride with them:

Harley StreetGlide
Harley WideGlide (two of them)
Sportster (that was a joke)
Honda Shadow Sabre 1100

Made me feel pretty damn good about myself considering that all of those bikes whooped on ME before I bought my Max!

Looks great Jenn. I love the Carbon look!!! Damn seat looks great on the bike. Back rest, is that from the boys @ Exactrep ?

Sure is, the fit is great and the finish is pretty good too. Not really thrilled with the pad on the backrest, it isn't very high quality but the welds and materials of the rest sure are.

Removed the cat from the 09 today,installed new stiletto seat and carbon fibre front fender.Waiting on more stuff for the 09 and more items for the gen 1.Hopefully be all done before the sun comes on strong.:punk:

2.5 hrs to blast off!! Don't wanna wake the neighbours.....and when Jim wakes up.

Dale

VeeeHawww.....man it's was cold out this AM. A few flakes of snow to boot.
Tested out my new braced swingarm, 440 shocks, and solid motor mounts. Who says you can't flick a Vmax around? :punk::eusa_dance:

Thks to Jim Rodgers for his help installing this stuff. I'd still be laying on a cold garage floor cursing up a storm if not his help!

I'll have some pics as soon as I find my download cable!!

Dale

Got my newly chromed scoops and sidecovers from Sean a few days ago. Been so busy the last few that I haven't even been able to throw all the parts back on yet.
But the quality of the chrome is A1 and they sure look PUR-D!. Can't wait til my night shifts are over to finish the install, change the oil, and insure the beast...man it's been a long winter, and I'm itchin' to ride.

took her out and did my 100 miles run again. Fuel light came on at 105 miles like clockwork.
So glad I'm riding a Max every minute feels so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back