What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crappo Sheldon...yer luck is running a bit south of sour lately!! Hang in man, it'll get better!!

Then again...if that tree had flattened both the '02 & '09 THAT would be sour luck...now that I think about it....you're one lucky guy!! :clapping::biglaugh::clapping:

Not just Moneypit and Moneypit Part Deux, Snowmax is sitting right next to them. Sheldon's luck held out as it hit the neighbors and not his shop.:biglaugh:

You get the arm stuff coated up yet Jim? how about the second set of stuff?

Sean

I pick up the arm tomorrow, guy said it came out really good. The other stuff showed up yesterday. Will get some pics this weekend I hope and send out to you so you can see how the arm etc. looks on the bike. I also got a Right side pivot pin just in case so I should be good to go if it needs adjusting to prevent shaft rub. Hope to start assembly Saturday morning and should get it done fairly quickly I would think.

Let me know how you like the wheel alignment and post pics to the swingarm links (and here if you want). Also, don't forget to chase the threads of the spool mounts. lastly, when you hear about ship time on the other shaft let me know.

Sean

Not just Moneypit and Moneypit Part Deux, Snowmax is sitting right next to them. Sheldon's luck held out as it hit the neighbors and not his shop.:biglaugh:

Man oh man that would have been a HUGE disaster!!! Your Angels were looking out for you guys. Can't wait to see how both your bikes turn out!

Dale

Changed fluids from dino to Rotella T 5w-40 synthetic and changed the diff fluid.

Sat on it and made vroom vroom noises.:biglaugh: Roads are clearing up, major roads are dry and snow free, side roads are about 85% clear, so it won't be much longer before riding season starts.

With my H.A.C. sissybar still on i decided to make my own rear reflector for the black , its gonna be blacked black to match the Max , bolt straight to the h.a.c. bracket and im gonna use the original reflector on it .
Will post pics once finished .
I tossed up betweem the black and the original greyish colour but will see what it looks like .

took the tank cover and the side plates off to strip off the paint and primered them and now I`m not sure what color to paint them (they were black ) tomorrow I will remove the fenders and sand them (carbon fibre) I`m thinking `bout the aniversaray red.:confused2:

Received and installed my lighting kit, I used the "million color" jobby from FreyMoto. Has a lot of functions w/ remote. Pretty nifty if useless. Shiiiiiiny.

re painted the bike today.
I just decided to go with the gloss black and it came out really nice so, I think I`ll just leave it that color and get a halogen headlight to go with the driving light5s I installed last week lol.
<<Dave>>:eusa_dance:

Today I took off my grab rail, and mounted that other one I have that's in two pieces and has the mounting holes for the parcel shelf.
I got it on ok, but then the plastic bit that holds the rear reflector won't go on now :ummm:
It looks like those two halves of grab rail are at a weird angle, which I can't understand since all the other bolts go through their holes just fine..

Also the bars that hold the Fatmax bags aren't going on properly, because this new grab rail has this fat 'handles' on the sides.:bang head: Gonna have to do some grinding here...

Then then to cap it all, when I went to mount the parcel shelf, I realized (too late) that the threads of both holes in the left hand grab rail are shredded, so it's gonna have to all come off to be drilled bigger and re-tapped :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Duh!

Braved a lil cold to get my swing arm off. Firing it Sean's way for a core...can't wait to get the stretched version....even more cited to get the seat.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I got the valves in both heads hand lapped last night. New valve stem seals. Installed the cams in rear head and adjusted the valves tonite, front head Saturday a.m. Hope to have the shim kit ready for delivery to the next site in a few days. Every little victory is a step closer to winning the war. Special thanks to Sean. I'd be weeks getting these valves adjusted without the kit.

Received a bunch of parts back from powdercoat, installed my 6" over Muscle swingarm, knee guards, 11.5" Progressive 440 shocks (the jury is still out as to whether these will be too short or not), re-covered my seat, and will be putting the diff/wheel back on this morning. Hoping to have the Snowmax out for a shakedown ride today. Should have some pics this weekend I hope cause I know :ttiwwp:

PS: Sean, the swingarm bolted right in and no issues with shaft angle. Excellent job on the fitment sir.

Today I took off my grab rail, and mounted that other one I have that's in two pieces and has the mounting holes for the parcel shelf.
I got it on ok, but then the plastic bit that holds the rear reflector won't go on now :ummm:
It looks like those two halves of grab rail are at a weird angle, which I can't understand since all the other bolts go through their holes just fine..

Also the bars that hold the Fatmax bags aren't going on properly, because this new grab rail has this fat 'handles' on the sides.:bang head: Gonna have to do some grinding here...

Then then to cap it all, when I went to mount the parcel shelf, I realized (too late) that the threads of both holes in the left hand grab rail are shredded, so it's gonna have to all come off to be drilled bigger and re-tapped :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Duh!

G- I had the same problems with the Yamaha aftermarket sissy bar. Had to get the Dremel tool out and grind off casting burrs before the reflector plate would fit.

Looks like Yamaha dropped the ball with the QC on these units.:bang head:

I put a bid in for a Venture rectifier/regulator. It won't fit stock location so may have to make a bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back