what makes this vmax rare????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't we all know the European tune is less than the USA model? Even in Canada they don't get the 145 hp model. This poor guy may yet find some sucker who will proudly boast of his 'hot carbs & cams' vis-a-vis the plain old everyday VMax owners. Why, this limited edition information is 'cold water' right onto the most sensitive spot of all VMax owners, to realize that we don't have the most-powerful limited edition model! That fact alone may cause 'shrinkage!'
george_costanza019.jpg

Not to rain on your parade, but the Canadian bikes are the same as the US bikes, with the notable exception of the California model with all the smog crap they required.

Not to rain on your parade, but the Canadian bikes are the same as the US bikes, with the notable exception of the California model with all the smog crap they required.

+1

The last I heard, about a year ago, they (Europe) was thinking about adopting the 100 hp limit and France was the only one who had it in place.

If only Yamaha had kept the gen 1 around to 2010, we'd have "silver anniversary" models. I suppose you could call a 97 a "12th Anniversary" edition if that floats your boat.

I bet the guy who sold him this "limited edition" bike cooked up a whole ton of BS, even punched out a few official-looking documents in Word to back up his story. Being a super-rare limited edition, he probably got this sap to pay some exorbitant price for it far beyond it's value. I suspect this guy has since figured out he got duped, but figured if he fell for it maybe someone else will too.

What a dolt. Better not provoke him, or he'll open up an intraweb lawlsuit on your ass. He's obviously very very rich and afford the best lawlsuit lawyers.

Back