What mods to make a vmax comfy for a 6'2" guy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for any interest but the pegs are sold...

I have a set of pegs like those, they look just like the ones on your guards for sale if anyone is interested.

They need to be cleaned up but here is a pic of them

pegs.jpg

Something to keep in mind, when my bike sells I will have a lot of stuff for sale.. all stuff I bought new when I thought I was going to learn how to work on my own bike.
if you are looking for something let me know if you are looking for anything, I just might have it... No parts off my bike for sale but thyings like my CarbTune, these pegs and some other misc things.. PM me if you are looking for things, I just might have it.

Ron

Late to this thread but figured I'd weigh in (hey, already with the fat jokes!). 6'2", I'm a big fat guy to be putting on a Vmax. The stock pegs are too high and tight for any long term comfort for me, when I first got the bike I used to post up on the case guards, but always coming back in for the controls gets to be a hassle.

The setup I'm pretty content with now is a set of Seeger forwards, with Kurakyn iso-wings replacing the round pegs. They put my longer legs in a comfortable spot, and the wings are just the right size to rest my mudhoppers on without getting arch pain on long rides.

As mentioned previously, it is VERY difficult around town to get a good hard launch with forward controls in place. It takes some practice and a generous amount of upper body strength, as your arms are the only thing keeping you attached to your monster.

In addition, a certain amount of intestinal fortitude is required to ride out overzealous wheelies with your feet out there in breeze in front of you. Takes a little getting used to. And possibly a few changes of underwear.

All in all however, I'd rather have my Seegers for the 98% of the time my front wheel is on the ground. I recently added the stock pegs back on to have a secondary position, and for getting down out of the wind. No dice, they're exactly as uncomfortable as I remember them, they'll probably come back off again this weekend.

Hi and welcome first off:biglaugh:
I am 6'4" and really like my setup. I have Sean Morley's muscle midcut seat and then I have riding pegs attached to my engine guards to stretch out my legs from time to time.
Enjoy your new ride:punk:
Looks like an awesome set-up. I would like to get the same for my 07 vmax.
Can you please provide links to where you bought the engine guards and the riding pegs.

I can sell the Kury pegs as well as engine guards. OR, I have a conversion using OEM pegs for a more stock appearance. Email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• 2013-06-05_19.22.34.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.22.34.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 2013-06-05_19.23.01.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.23.01.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 2013-06-05_19.23.47.jpg
    2013-06-05_19.23.47.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Gloss Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    Gloss Engine Guards w-Cruise Pegs.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 1.jpg
    Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 1.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 2.jpg
    Textured Engine Guards w-Stock Pegs 2.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 17
Hi Sean, I guess I should have waited for your reply, but since it was an old thread, I wasn,t sure if I would get a response, or not, LOL I just ordered some engine guards early this morning off of ebay for 80 bucks.

Hi Sean, I guess I should have waited for your reply, but since it was an old thread, I wasn,t sure if I would get a response, or not, LOL I just ordered some engine guards early this morning off of ebay for 80 bucks.
That saves you a lot on what I charge for the core so we could mod yours if you wanted the flip peg conversion still

Latest posts

Back