What other bikes have you raced against and won?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shuriken

Reaction score
I would like to know what bikes you've raced your Max against and won. I'm not placing any stipulations (like drag strip, CC, type of bike, etc) on this question. Let's also add other vehicles as well, such as cars, trucks, cops, etc.

Lets see starting from when I first got my VMAX.

Do harley counts? :rofl_200: Just kidding.

1980's GPZ1000 NO NOS

2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R up to 140 MPH passes me after NO NOS

Suzuki SV650 NO NOS

Suzuki TL1000R Shot of NOS on the low end

Mid 90 Suzuki GSXR 750 no NOS 1/8 mile drags

Kawasaki ZX12R (roll on 75-130) I was on the NOS of course.

Buell I dont know what model they all look the same.

Ok the losses.
Stretched out BUSA.
Stretched GIXXER 1000
Stretched Kawasaki ZX10R
Twin Turbo LS1 Corvette

One word of advice, dont mess with any bigbore bikes running extended swingarms, Shinko 003 street drag tires.
They will piss all over your VMAX with NOS or without NOS, Just wave to em and hold your stomach like you dont feel good.

Early Model Mustang LX Dont know what kind of engine but it was superecharged, weld racing wheels with skinny drags up front twin air induction cowl hood. I couldnt pull away from him I ran up to 150 and let out he passed me doing atleast 160

There are more bikes that I cant remember. cars cant even remember. I race any challenge I get.

I havent been caught by any cops. I have been chased 3 times on the VMAX. Sucks having a kerker in that moment, they can hear you even when you get out of there site.

Harley Davidson Sportster (not sure what size...it was laughable.)
Late model 600RR
GSXR 750 (think it was about a 2000 model...not new)
Some sort of chopper. I have no idea. It was pretty rediculous.
My buddys SV1000S (2006)
A late model Vette (Probably around 2003 or 4)
A late 60's SS Camaro
A Ferrari 512 that my bosses brother owns. (Think it's a 95)
A City of Duluth Police Issue Honda VFR1000 I think it is. (It was pretty close, actually. I got him by 4 or 5 bike lengths, but he said the bags, lights and all probably add close to 150 lbs. to his bike.)

All of it red light to red light sort of stuff...nothing extended. I'm not stupid. :biglaugh:

Regards,
Tom

Wins:
'95 FZR-600
?? V-Rod
'86 Fazer
?? 1800 VTX

Losses
'02 ZX12R
'06 636 (passed me slowly after 90mph)

I have a ride planned this weekend with a few friends, so I'm sure we can add a Sportster and a Buell to my list of kills and a friend just re-did an '81 Goldwing GL1100 that looks AWESOME now. :D

On the real quarter mile anything with plastic body work over 600cc's kills me in the last 150-200 feet if not sooner.:bang head:

late model Gixxer 600's and FZ6's beat it too.

I get more attention in the pit area tho':biglaugh:

I've never lost to anything with a Vtwin in it.:rocket bike:

Rusty

GOT MY FIRST THIS MORNING ! was on the way to work & some preppy-boy in a Nissan 350Z rolls through a red light & pulls right in front of me as I'm accelerating at my green - I hit the brakes & flashed my hi-beam like "WTF ?" - he pulls over to the left lane & goes WFO & I said "GAME ON BITCH" - Maxine totally OWNED him by second gear & held all the way through to the county line - by the time he caught up to me at the next red light he couldn't even look me in the eye - we played cat & mouse all the way to New Port Richey but he wouldn't bite again - my heart was pounding through my chest - I've never raced anybody before - at least not on a bike - what a thrill - nothing like smoked Nissan for breakfast - now I gotta make some coffee... :rocket bike:

Lemme see....

a Suzuki M109 that guy got pissed cause he believed the hype that it could take a Max

a Vrod, wasn't even close

a Sportster, almost ashamed to say I let him goad me into blowing him away

a 2002 GSXR 750, another guy that got pissed

a Bandit 1200, buddies bike that is modded but still got him (think it was the launch)

Did get involved in playing with a group and got my arse handed to me... learned I can't play with a Blackbird, Busa, and a ZX14 unless I plan to be 4th out of 4:worthy:

Lemme see....

a Suzuki M109 that guy got pissed cause he believed the hype that it could take a Max

a Vrod, wasn't even close

a Sportster, almost ashamed to say I let him goad me into blowing him away

a 2002 GSXR 750, another guy that got pissed

a Bandit 1200, buddies bike that is modded but still got him (think it was the launch)

Did get involved in playing with a group and got my arse handed to me... learned I can't play with a Blackbird, Busa, and a ZX14 unless I plan to be 4th out of 4:worthy:

Was this line up before or after the new motor?

Before....... only been around one other bike, a BMW, and he wanted nothing to do with running me:biglaugh:. Will see how things go at Sportbike this year.......

Did get involved in playing with a group and got my arse handed to me... learned I can't play with a Blackbird, Busa, and a ZX14 unless I plan to be 4th out of 4:worthy:[/quote]

I will race a big bore tupperware bike only from a stoplight and when I hit second I will let out and be like THAT WAS NO RACE but dont try to get ahead and holeshot any extended swingarms on them they can launch just as hard if not plus they have more torque

GOT MY FIRST THIS MORNING ! was on the way to work & some preppy-boy in a Nissan 350Z rolls through a red light & pulls right in front of me as I'm accelerating at my green - I hit the brakes & flashed my hi-beam like "WTF ?" - he pulls over to the left lane & goes WFO & I said "GAME ON BITCH" - Maxine totally OWNED him by second gear & held all the way through to the county line - by the time he caught up to me at the next red light he couldn't even look me in the eye - we played cat & mouse all the way to New Port Richey but he wouldn't bite again - my heart was pounding through my chest - I've never raced anybody before - at least not on a bike - what a thrill - nothing like smoked Nissan for breakfast - now I gotta make some coffee... :rocket bike:

Congrats on your first win:clapping:
I hate to say it now but you have it in your blood its almost like winning the first time on a slot machine you will have the need to get that rush like nothing else compares to

You should try at your local drgastrip on a street night and race talk about some cheap thrills usually cost 10 -15 to race on street night

The best thing is you dont have to worry about cops

learned I can't play with a Blackbird, Busa, and a ZX14 unless I plan to be 4th out of 4

That ZX14 is lights out, isn't it? :biglaugh:

Congrats on eating the 350Z up. I had one kind of shoot me a look the other day, but he thought better of it and just slowly pulled off from the light.

I was sort of hoping he'd go for it...but ah, well. Some folks know better. Damnit. :biglaugh:

Regards,
Tom

Lankee - I was just thinking about running at the local track on Wed. nights just for fun - first I need a new clutch (PCW) & slave cyl - then I need to learn how to launch - I know there's posts here on how to do it - I'm just not there yet - my learning curve is slow, but it sure is fun - I wonder who will challenge me tomorrow morning - now riding to work is an adventure !!! - gotta watch for cops though - I have a CDL for work & can't afford to lose it - +1 to no cops at the track - maybe I'll see that loud Vrod in the AM...

Lankee - I was just thinking about running at the local track on Wed. nights just for fun - first I need a new clutch (PCW) & slave cyl - then I need to learn how to launch - I know there's posts here on how to do it - I'm just not there yet - my learning curve is slow, but it sure is fun - I wonder who will challenge me tomorrow morning - now riding to work is an adventure !!! - gotta watch for cops though - I have a CDL for work & can't afford to lose it - +1 to no cops at the track - maybe I'll see that loud Vrod in the AM...

CDL in Texas means no defensive driving ticket dismissal under any circumstances; same there?

Rusty

buddys gsxr 750 (2000) 1st , 2nd gear red light to redlight no match. he couldn't believe it.
My cousins 1998 1100 blackbird (me supercharged ) he wants my bike (lol) a make shift quarter mile on a side road.
honda cbr 600rr
losses friends kawi zx14 ( hole shot My bike says goodbye.:rocket bike: about 4th gear he says bye bye on the back wheel.should be close in the 8th mile .

Only have had my Max less than a year and its been in a garage for a long assed 6 month winter. so far:

LOSS...some receent Kawasaki big bore four... pipes and lopey exhaust note,,, killed me..bought him a beer

WINS... pains me to race other Yamahas but this 'Warrior with pipes jumped me and took till third gear to destroy him.. four different Harleys, all laughable, why do those guys think those shaking oil leaking heaps are fast?

CDL in Texas means no defensive driving ticket dismissal under any circumstances; same there?

Rusty

Same here in FL plus the fine is double of a regular licence. A Vmax probably wasn't my wisest choice, but I had to have it & I usually ride pretty conservativly. They are really cracking down on bikes in Pinellas county because of so many deaths on c-rockets lately. Even killing the cagers they hit. Red light to red light is one thing, but there's no open road around here for triple digits.

Back